Debt Collection Agencies in Atlanta - National Credit Systems

Debt Collection Agencies in Atlanta - National Credit Systems

Investor · Member since 2016 · 36 posts · 16 votes

Back in February, I asked my tenant to vacate my rental property in Atlanta as I was getting ready to sell the house in the Spring market.  They unfortunately ran into some money troubles as they were having a child at the time, and fell behind on their rent.  They acknowledged and agreed that the remaining balance needed to be paid off before they moved out, which I have documented.  They still have not paid me unfortunately, so I am now considering going to collections.

I came across National Credit Services who take single and multifamly landlord cases for debt collection.  Has anyone used their services OR have recommendations for debt collection services in Atlanta?

0Reply
17 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Playa del Carmen, México · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Hi @Shyam Panchal. We've engaged debt collection services in Metro Atlanta, we've collected payment on our own tenants' judgments and we've purchased judgments from other investors.

    Unless the total amount owed to you is well in excess of $10K, you're probably better off chalking this up to experience and moving on. Your return-on-effort will be shockingly low. If you were to sell this judgment to a debt buyer, you'd get pennies on the dollar, at best.

  • Bill HamptonBusiness Member
    Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 978 votes
    6y

    Try small claims court. If you get a judgment go after their bank account or try to garnish wages. 

    Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.