Grant Cordone U tube that is a little more balanced

Grant Cordone U tube that is a little more balanced

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes

A lot of U tubers real estate dudes appear to be trying to get famous chasing Grant around and interviewing folks who don't really know what they are talking about.


I have no dog in the hunt I don't know Mr. Cordone. Never watched any of his media except this one.

But I did get curious..  So if you have the time take a look and let me know what you guys / gals think. Also how come there are not more women doing real estate U tubes it seems to be full of millennial males.  :)

https://youtu.be/_w0rUfJTp4M    

@Greg Dickerson

0Reply
36 views

Most Popular Reply

Sunnyvale , CA · Member since 2017 · 373 posts · 362 votes
6y

I really don’t see much merit in opening thread after thread to discuss Grant Cardone.

In my book the man had done nothing wrong but cleverly exploited the mindset of a generation of lazy, get rich quick wannabes who all think that “passive investment income” is why they were brought on this earth and lord Cardone will grant them their destiny. We all know as savvy investors that there is nothing such as passive income. Passive income happens because of active investment, deep due diligence, hard negotiation, taking stress and anxiety, making mistakes, pounding the pavement for deals, putting a portion of your savings down and taking risk. There is typically nothing passive here.

The young wannabes don’t quite agree with that “boring strategy”. They don’t even realize that Grant himself is almost 65 years old and it’s taken him a lifetime of trial and error and lots of error to get here and even now he is on the hook to pay back his investors or risk going bankrupt.

I really think Cardone does a masterful job preaching, teaching and taking money from these “investors”. I’d give him credit for that.

Now if everyone was a Wharton/Harvard/Stanford MBA with Wall Street credentials most gurus will be out of work including Grant. But we all know that the world has very few financially savvy people and even fewer men and women who will put in the work to work hard at their investments. Given a choice they would rather sit by the pool and surf on Instagram.

In the end why blame Cardone or Kevin who are trying to make a fast buck preaching or pointing fingers at each other.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Charlottesville, VA · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

    A lot of U tubers real estate dudes appear to be trying to get famous chasing Grant around and interviewing folks who don't really know what they are talking about.


    I have no dog in the hunt I don't know Mr. Cordone. Never watched any of his media except this one.

    But I did get curious..  So if you have the time take a look and let me know what you guys / gals think. Also how come there are not more women doing real estate U tubes it seems to be full of millennial males.  :)

    https://youtu.be/_w0rUfJTp4M    

    @Greg Dickerson

    I didn't know Grant and I were millennials. That's awesome! or You must be old? just kidding. 

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Greg Dickerson:
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

    A lot of U tubers real estate dudes appear to be trying to get famous chasing Grant around and interviewing folks who don't really know what they are talking about.


    I have no dog in the hunt I don't know Mr. Cordone. Never watched any of his media except this one.

    But I did get curious..  So if you have the time take a look and let me know what you guys / gals think. Also how come there are not more women doing real estate U tubes it seems to be full of millennial males.  :)

    https://youtu.be/_w0rUfJTp4M    

    @Greg Dickerson

    I didn't know Grant and I were millennials. That's awesome! or You must be old? just kidding.

    Gothca heck i think my kids are too old to be millennial's  LOL  Any way I did kind of fast forward through it and got the high points.

    I think the major thing that folks need to understand is stopping distributions right now is totally appropriate and I am sure the senior debt would like to see that happen along with suspending major cap ex if it can be put off etc etc.. batten down the hatches this will all pass in time.  If you don't need it when this is all over you can distribute those funds at a later date..  

  • Real Estate Broker · Bay Area · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    @Greg Dickerson. Nice interview! I enjoyed it. 

  • Investor · Youngstown, OH · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    Probably for all the same crummy reasons there aren't more women in REI in general! Guess I better go get a webcam.

  • Investor · Youngstown, OH · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    Also, I still think GC is an ***. 

  • Sunnyvale , CA · Member since 2017 · 373 posts · 362 votes
    6y

    I really don’t see much merit in opening thread after thread to discuss Grant Cardone.

    In my book the man had done nothing wrong but cleverly exploited the mindset of a generation of lazy, get rich quick wannabes who all think that “passive investment income” is why they were brought on this earth and lord Cardone will grant them their destiny. We all know as savvy investors that there is nothing such as passive income. Passive income happens because of active investment, deep due diligence, hard negotiation, taking stress and anxiety, making mistakes, pounding the pavement for deals, putting a portion of your savings down and taking risk. There is typically nothing passive here.

    The young wannabes don’t quite agree with that “boring strategy”. They don’t even realize that Grant himself is almost 65 years old and it’s taken him a lifetime of trial and error and lots of error to get here and even now he is on the hook to pay back his investors or risk going bankrupt.

    I really think Cardone does a masterful job preaching, teaching and taking money from these “investors”. I’d give him credit for that.

    Now if everyone was a Wharton/Harvard/Stanford MBA with Wall Street credentials most gurus will be out of work including Grant. But we all know that the world has very few financially savvy people and even fewer men and women who will put in the work to work hard at their investments. Given a choice they would rather sit by the pool and surf on Instagram.

    In the end why blame Cardone or Kevin who are trying to make a fast buck preaching or pointing fingers at each other.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.