So Zillow wants $10 a week for listings now.

3 Replies

With Zillow now charging for listings are you still using them? One gripe I have with them is that so many leads have phone numbers that don't work. They should add a step to ask leads to confirm their number. 

Originally posted by @Joseph Hammel :

With Zillow now charging for listings are you still using them? One gripe I have with them is that so many leads have phone numbers that don't work. They should add a step to ask leads to confirm their number.

$10 is cheap. I'm not sure what you are expecting, free? It costs money to have the servers and the bandwidth and the staying power for Zillow to survive and prosper. I'm no fan of Zillow but let's be realistic, that's cheap.

@Joseph Hammel

Zillow has been charging a few for a while now.  They have progressively been charging the fee over the last few months in different markets.  Most of my rental leads come from Zillow so I think it’s work the $10.  I understand it was free before, but hopefully it will get people to pull rented unit’s off of the site.  Before LL would leave them on there.  If they improve the sites functions then I’m ok with the fee.  Overtime I’m hoping to see site improvements.  It’s still relatively inexpensive.

We get 90% of our leads from Facebook Marketplace. They have pay options as well but it's not required, yet. That said, $10/week is not much considering # of people reached and the 200-400/week you would pay in vacancy.