Cleveland Property Managers

Cleveland Property Managers

Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 5 votes

Hi all. I've recently purchased a duplex in the 44105 area of Cleveland. I live out of state and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good property manager. I've called a few myself but they all say they won't manage properties in that area. Can anyone recommend a good property manager in the area?

2Reply
181 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · Oakland, CA and a Real Estate Investor with Multi-Family Units and a Self Storage Facility · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
6y

@Tim Lewis     Reach out to  

@Angel Chaney 

She is with AllStar Management in Cleveland............They manage several of my units. I can also tell you who to absolutely positively avoid out there as well because I have had to fire two PMs I used to utilize out there.

See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Oakland, CA and a Real Estate Investor with Multi-Family Units and a Self Storage Facility · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Tim Lewis     Reach out to  

    @Angel Chaney 

    She is with AllStar Management in Cleveland............They manage several of my units. I can also tell you who to absolutely positively avoid out there as well because I have had to fire two PMs I used to utilize out there.

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 1 vote
    6y

    I used Bob Collett to find me a renter.  He does not manage my property, I manage my own,  but he is in upstanding guy. Conscientious. Out of Brecksville, Ohio but manages in Cle. Good luck. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2020 · 280 posts · 365 votes
    6y

    @Tim Lewis I have another contact for you as well. He's not on BP, but I'll give you his contact information. I've seen his properties, he does good work.

  • Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Brian Garlington Are you talking about the Allstar Management with Wayne? I was thinking about checking them out. I'm curious as to who you had to fire, because I think I'm about to fire mine. I'm currently with Progressive Urban Property Management. I've only been with them for 2 months, but I'm not feeling it.

  • Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Hey Tim did you end up finding someone I am also first time buyer in Cleveland and looking for a good property manager thx 

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Tim Lewis:

    Hi all. I've recently purchased a duplex in the 44105 area of Cleveland. I live out of state and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good property manager. I've called a few myself but they all say they won't manage properties in that area. Can anyone recommend a good property manager in the area?

     That's a rough area Tim......You're going to be dealing with an uphill battle getting quality folks to take on a property like that one. Most of the bigger companies will turn it away due to level of danger and blight in the area.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Terry Schoen:

    I used Bob Collett to find me a renter.  He does not manage my property, I manage my own,  but he is in upstanding guy. Conscientious. Out of Brecksville, Ohio but manages in Cle. Good luck. 

     I think the chance that Bob would be willing to take on a Cleveland 44105 house is about zero.

  • Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Tim Lewis did you find a good pm? Looking for one myself.

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2020 · 30 posts · 11 votes
    5y

    @James Wise - James what do you think of the 44102 area? I am looking at a place in the 3000 block of W 97th Street in Cleveland

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Emi Augustin Do not buy a property in Cleveland without contacting Chris Barone from Northpoint Asset Management. His number is 216-272-3377.

  • Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Tim Lewis thanks for the info, I actually moved to Cleveland so wanted to get a reputable pm for properties I already purchased. Will definitely keep as a resource

  • Realtor · Oakland, CA and a Real Estate Investor with Multi-Family Units and a Self Storage Facility · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    @Tim Lewis      @Terry Schoen   @Emi 

    @Emi Augustin    I have couple of PMs I can definitely recommend for you................I can also tell you specifically who to avoid at all costs.

  • Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Brian Garlington please share.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Roberto Filice:

    @James Wise - James what do you think of the 44102 area? I am looking at a place in the 3000 block of W 97th Street in Cleveland

     C-D area. We have 100's of properties over there. Section 8 is the way to go when dealing with a neighborhood like this.

  • Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Roberto Filice if you haven't already, you should really subscribe to. @James Wise's youtube channel as well (Holton-Wise). He gives a straight no chaser view of properties in Cleveland, and the good bad and ugly of Cleveland real estate investing.

  • Realtor · Oakland, CA and a Real Estate Investor with Multi-Family Units and a Self Storage Facility · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    Emi ...... I already have.

    I only will recommend folks I have done business with. You should have the same philosophy sir.    

    If I have done business with one and they were so dishonest that I literally had to engage an attorney just to get my own money back from them, I will inform you as well. Like I said.... I already have.

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2020 · 30 posts · 11 votes
    5y

    @Emi Augustin - Thank you, Emi. I will do that. Great suggestion

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2020 · 30 posts · 11 votes
    5y

    @James Wise - Thank you, James

  • Investor · Los Angeles · Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 16 votes
    4y

    @Brian Garlington please share with me

  • Rental Property Investor · Palo Alto, CA · Member since 2016 · 29 posts · 10 votes
    4y

    I'm also looking for a PM for my property in cleveland heights!

  • Real Estate Agent · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2021 · 383 posts · 361 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Matthew Holland:

    I'm also looking for a PM for my property in cleveland heights!


     I work for a PMC here in Cleveland and I can provide you with their info if you want to reach out and see if you're a good fit for each other?

  • Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    @Matthew Holland I recommend Angel of at Allstar Management. I'm an out of state investor, and I love the way she manages. She manages in all neighborhoods, but she doesn't oversee rehab projects. She only makes her money on the 10% rental fee. She's very straightforward and honest. Here's her BP link 

    http://linkedin.com/in/angel-marie-chaney-0843ba56

  • Investor · Member since 2020 · 49 posts · 35 votes
    4y

    @Shane Kelly please share

  • Real Estate Agent · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2021 · 383 posts · 361 votes
    4y

    Sure, @Carla Kordab should be able to help!

  • Investor · Cleveland · Member since 2022 · 131 posts · 115 votes
    4y
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.