How did you acquire the funds for your first investment property?

How did you acquire the funds for your first investment property?

Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 20 posts · 2 votes

Curious to see how different people have done it. When you FIRST started, how did you acquire the funds to buy you first property? Mortgage? Savings from primary job? Inheritance?

0Reply
23 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joel OwensBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    13y

    Closings I had from my being a real estate broker.

  • Real Estate Investor · Fallbrook, CA · Member since 2012 · 5 posts · 12 votes
    13y

    VA loan

  • Investor · in, MI · Member since 2013 · 226 posts · 102 votes
    13y

    Seller financing and savings for down payment

  • Real Estate Coach · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2010 · 72 posts · 23 votes
    13y

    Ryan,

    If you want to start investing but are limited in your funds and/or credit I would recommend starting off using investing techniques that don't require money or credit.

    There are many types of investing methods to use such as wholesaling, lease options, lease assignments, sandwich lease options, partners etc...

    I would recommend finding a mentor to teach you how to invest in real estate to avoid costly mistakes and save you time from trying to learn on your own.

    Also the investing technique you consider will need to be determined by how much time you have, how motivated you are and it is vital to know why you want to invest.

    I don't invest because I like to work, I invest to create financial freedom to do the things in life I have passion for such as spending time with my family and not having to worry about money and the stress it causes in my life.

    If there is anything I can do to help you get started please let me know.

    Remember anything the human mind can conceive and believe it can achieve. Norman Vincent Peale.

    Good Luck!

    Marv Rousselow

  • Rochester, NY · Member since 2013 · 20 posts · 2 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Marv Rousselow:
    Ryan,

    If you want to start investing but are limited in your funds and/or credit I would recommend starting off using investing techniques that don't require money or credit.

    There are many types of investing methods to use such as wholesaling, lease options, lease assignments, sandwich lease options, partners etc...

    I would recommend finding a mentor to teach you how to invest in real estate to avoid costly mistakes and save you time from trying to learn on your own.

    Also the investing technique you consider will need to be determined by how much time you have, how motivated you are and it is vital to know why you want to invest.

    I don't invest because I like to work, I invest to create financial freedom to do the things in life I have passion for such as spending time with my family and not having to worry about money and the stress it causes in my life.

    If there is anything I can do to help you get started please let me know.

    Remember anything the human mind can conceive and believe it can achieve. Norman Vincent Peale.

    Good Luck!

    Marv Rousselow

    Hi Marv,

    Thanks for the advice! I have the cash to put down a downpayment on an inner city property. But I'm not sure i want to go that route. I would have to save for a whole longer for the downpayment on a nicer property in the upper scale part of town.

    Any advice you could give would be great. Could you explain more about the lease options and other stuff you mention?

    Ryan

  • Investor · North Richland Hills, TX · Member since 2011 · 789 posts · 403 votes
    13y

    Ryan Fischer LO's are a great way to get started, as they require no cash or credit.
    I started in 2003 and was a clueless idiot, but I made it happen via LO's.
    It required no money and no credit, just work, AND, I helped the seller and the buyer.

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2011 · 673 posts · 360 votes
    13y

    Saving up cash and a HELOC on my house. Risky, but it paid off.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.