Do I need a Brokers licensed to open my PM company?

Do I need a Brokers licensed to open my PM company?

Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 7 votes

Question.....

I am a VA and MD realtor. I have an investor that has 35 townhomes in Va that would like me to property manage their properties. Do I need to become a Broker to open my own Property Management Co? Thank you!

0Reply
6 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    6y

    If you're going to be a successful property manager, you have got to know the law. I highly recommend you figure out where to find your state laws and study them carefully. This took me 10 seconds to find on a Google search:

    https://www.propertymanagement.com/property-management-laws-in-maryland/#:~:text=Key%20Points,Real%20Property%2C%20Title%208A).

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    Nathan G.  Thank you so much.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.