One a year for cash is what we have been trying

One a year for cash is what we have been trying

Flat Rock, MI · Member since 2011 · 31 posts · 8 votes

When we get to ten I think he will feel better - I will be busy.I am retired so i try to do 90% of what needs to be done - hubby still working full time other job.
Question - we have fours units in SE Michigan - Downriver specificially - what is ther target short amount of time between tenants -I have had beteen 2 days and 6 weeks

0Reply
6 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Clairemont, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    13y

    I'm not sure of what exactly your question is. Are you asking what is a normal length of vacancy during turnover to get a new tenant?

  • Flat Rock, MI · Member since 2011 · 31 posts · 8 votes
    13y

    Yes, what is the normal length, and what should you target for - six weeks is too long in my book unless there is some major work going on,,, What are you thoughts please???

  • Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
    13y

    Depends on the market and the rent you're asking. Six weeks would be too long in my book, too, but perhaps your market is just very slow. Are you getting calls and lookers? Or getting ignored? How are your advertising it?

  • Flat Rock, MI · Member since 2011 · 31 posts · 8 votes
    13y

    Thank you Jon - getting plenty of calls and lookers and rent is in the ball park being $850 - just looking for a good tenants - they seem fewer and farther between then usual - I might have one as of today if everything checks out good - I was wondering the length of time most landlords take to turn a unit over..

  • Specialist · Portland, OR · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    Pat Pesta properties and markets are different in different areas. In Portland the response for rentals priced under a $1,000 is amazing.

    In 2008 a property I own sat on the market for almost 2 months at $895 and only rented when reduced to $850. It is now $995.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.