How are you guys collecting rents?

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent 路 Member since 2019 路 8 posts 路 16 votes
5y

@Marvin Bobb We currently use Rentler (the free version) I think there is a paid version not sure. But we've been using it for over a year for 4 units.

See this reply in the discussion

100 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent 路 Member since 2019 路 8 posts 路 16 votes
    5y

    @Marvin Bobb We currently use Rentler (the free version) I think there is a paid version not sure. But we've been using it for over a year for 4 units.

  • Flipper/Rehabber 路 New York, NY 路 Member since 2020 路 15 posts 路 17 votes
    5y

    Thanks Anna I鈥檓 gonna check it out. 

  • Vendor 路 Vancouver, WA 路 Member since 2017 路 65 posts 路 31 votes
    5y

    I have 2 units paying with Zelle, and 2 roommates in one unit uses cozy.co which I love. Next time around, I'm going to put it into the agreement that they have to pay via cozy, or something similar. 

  • Investor 路 Richmond, VA 路 Member since 2020 路 49 posts 路 16 votes
    5y

    I've been using Zillow to post my rental, esign my leases and collect rent. No fees unless they don't pay by bank deposit, which incentivizes them to want to set to autopay. There are fees if you list multiple rentals at once, which by the time I have that problem, I'll be at enough units to outsource the property management.

  • Leonard L.Pro Member
    Investor 路 Papillion, NE 路 Member since 2017 路 26 posts 路 13 votes
    5y

    @Marvin Bobb I use erentpayment. It's a decent service though it does charge a fee for online payment, they provide options on how to split it between you and the tenant. In my case, I have the tenant pay the fee but offer them a small discount on the rent for online payment.

    They also offer a credit card option and credit Agency reporting as well.

  • Rental Property Investor 路 El Monte CA 路 Member since 2018 路 134 posts 路 66 votes
    5y

    Direct Deposits , Cash, Zelle, Cash App, Paypal 

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Amityville, NY 路 Member since 2018 路 351 posts 路 441 votes
    5y

    COZY.  Have then set up automatic payment and deposits right into your account. Only downside w cozy is it takes at least 5 days to reach your account. 

  • Theresa HarrisPro Member
    Member since 2019 路 15k+ posts 路 11k+ votes
    5y

    etransfers and post dated cheques.

  • Investor 路 Member since 2019 路 48 posts 路 32 votes
    5y

    I'm a big fan of Cozy. Easy to use for automatic rent collection, maintenance requests, screenings, etc. It's been working great for my rent-by-the-room rentals as well.

  • Ian WalshBusiness Member
    Lender 路 Philadelphia, PA 路 Member since 2016 路 2k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
    5y

    Online portal works great.

  • Flipper/Rehabber 路 New York, NY 路 Member since 2020 路 15 posts 路 17 votes
    5y

    @Garen T. Cozy? I'm gonna look into that. Never heard of this one. Thanks

  • Flipper/Rehabber 路 New York, NY 路 Member since 2020 路 15 posts 路 17 votes
    5y

    @Charles M. 馃憤

  • Flipper/Rehabber 路 New York, NY 路 Member since 2020 路 15 posts 路 17 votes
    5y

    @Leonard L. I like that win win situation.

  • Real Estate Consultant 路 Cleveland 路 Member since 2020 路 6k+ posts 路 3k+ votes
    5y

    @Marvin Bobb not really sure how to answer that , tenants make a deposit at the bank or pay through their online portal 

  • Peter TverdovBusiness Member
    Developer 路 New Brunswick, NJ 路 Member since 2015 路 1k+ posts 路 2k+ votes
    5y

    We use Appfolio for 90% of what we manage and Cozy to a lesser extent. I am shifting away from Cozy. They started asking for SSNs for all of our accounts, each year and then asked us to update it each year. Then threatened to  (and eventually did) suspend our account when we wouldn't give them the same SSN for the 4th year in a row. Cozy is free but it takes 5 days to clear. I honestly rather go back to check then use Cozy at this point.

  • Real Estate Investor 路 Houston, TX 路 Member since 2010 路 499 posts 路 206 votes
    5y

    @Marvin Bobb. I opened a bank account very close to the units and had them deposit it there. If they requested, I sometimes picked it up if I was going to be in the area.

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Portland, OR 路 Member since 2015 路 96 posts 路 23 votes
    5y

    @Marvin Bobb

    I use Cozy for my normal rentals, but I have done a poor job of managing my rent by the room rentals. Does each of your tenants sign individual leases without the others on it? How do you break everything out? Any guidance you can provide is greatly appreciated!

  • Flipper/Rehabber 路 New York, NY 路 Member since 2020 路 15 posts 路 17 votes
    5y

    @Leslie A.thats smart. Something to think about. Thanks

  • Flipper/Rehabber 路 New York, NY 路 Member since 2020 路 15 posts 路 17 votes
    5y

    @Todd Ashley this is my first rentals and its 4 hrs away. And its by appartment. Don't know about the room rentals. But if I find out I'll let you know.

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Portland, OR 路 Member since 2015 路 96 posts 路 23 votes
    5y
    Whoops... that question was supposed to be for @Paul K.
    Originally posted by @Todd Ashley:

    @Marvin Bobb

    I use Cozy for my normal rentals, but I have done a poor job of managing my rent by the room rentals. Does each of your tenants sign individual leases without the others on it? How do you break everything out? Any guidance you can provide is greatly appreciated!

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Missouri City, MO 路 Member since 2019 路 4 posts 路 2 votes
    5y

    @Marvin Bobb I use Cozy.co. It's free and works great.

  • Investor 路 South Windsor, CT 路 Member since 2020 路 6 posts 路 5 votes
    5y

    We use COZY and really like it. Was referred to us by a friend, and I like that I can tell my tenant that repair requests can be submitted there as well so that we can avoid direct contact. 

  • Investor 路 Bakersfield, CA 路 Member since 2020 路 22 posts 路 6 votes
    5y

    @Paul K. How do you like the rent by room situation?

  • Investor 路 Tampa, FL 路 Member since 2017 路 589 posts 路 251 votes
    5y

    Small landlords can use Zelle or Paypal. Works great. If you have a business account you can work another way. Perhaps using a property management software to collect. EFT payments. 

  • Specialist 路 Huntsville, AL 路 Member since 2020 路 96 posts 路 35 votes
    5y

    Rental management company. Pay the 10% and let them handle everything.锟硷考

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.