Best ways to collect rents on a MHP

Best ways to collect rents on a MHP

Rental Property Investor · Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 2 votes

I have recently purchased a small MHP (Mobile Home Park) as of now tenets are paying cash witch isn’t a problem except that I live out of state I’m looking for suggestions on the best way to collect rents from out of state

Thank you

0Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 132 posts · 91 votes
5y

You can provide the tenant your checking account and they should go to their bank and ask the bank to deposit money in your bank account. There's also a bunch of online rent payment options.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 132 posts · 91 votes
    5y

    You can provide the tenant your checking account and they should go to their bank and ask the bank to deposit money in your bank account. There's also a bunch of online rent payment options.

  • Will FraserPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Salt Lake City & Oklahoma City · Member since 2018 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    I'm with @Jimmy Chao!  If you bank at a bank that operates there locally, that's the ticket.    Otherwise a PM would be a good resource if they know what they're doing here.

  • Rental Property Investor · Northern Virginia · Member since 2019 · 793 posts · 620 votes
    5y

    @Louie Joles I've heard people use services such as PayNearMe where they provide a way where a tenant can go to a CVS, 7-11, or other shops and pay their rent using cash. The funds are then transferred to you electronically.

    I am not a user, but heard it is pretty useful.

    Good luck! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @AJ H.

    Thank you very much I will look in to that option.

  • Rental Property Investor · Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Jimmy Chao

    I have a local bank account so that may be the solution I appreciate your advice.

  • Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    I had an out of state landlord when I lived in FL. We deposited cash directly into the bank and sent him a picture of the deposit slip for evidence. You can also use online services such as Zelle or Venmo.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.