Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Bao Tran
Votes |
California Tenant Missing Rent Since 03-2020.

Bao Tran
Posted Jan 9 2021, 18:33
Hi, Please help my parents!!! My parents has a house in Roseville, California. 2 Years ago, I told them to move in with me in the same area so I can take care of them. They rent their house to a tenant who is terrible. This is their first time and I blame myself for not doing a better job to screen this tenant. We saw him driving a nice Mercedes back then so we thought this guy was probably good. To the main story, the house was rented for $2,450/month. Since March/2020, this tenant was blaming Covid so he did not pay a single dime to my parents. Every month, he always come up with the excuse and the promise to pay next month. He never did. His rent ended on 11/2020 but we can not do anything due to the law. Currently, he owed us $26,950 for rent he owe. My parents has to sign up for forbearance plan which will end next month. He did not pay us anything since March and I seriously don't know what to tell parents. They are old but they are so stressed out with the whole situation. Bigger pockets Community, what should I do or what can I do with this tenant as well as with all the money he owed us??? Please help!!

Loading replies...