Should the landlord be responsible for paying the water bill?

Should the landlord be responsible for paying the water bill?

Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes

Its been over a year since I asked my landlord to fix these leaks. There's two under my house, the bathtub drips non stop and the sink is a constant flow, it never stops. After I asked him, I didn't hear from him for 3 months. 

Last week my hot water heater went, so I told him what was going on, that was 10 days ago and I still have no hot water and the leaks still haven't been fixed. Am I responsible for paying for all of this?

Amy

New Hampshire

0Reply
14 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New to Real Estate · Dalton, NH · Member since 2020 · 116 posts · 64 votes
    5y

    @Amy Young what does your lease say? 

  • Property Manager · Denver, CO · Member since 2021 · 667 posts · 587 votes
    5y

    Read your lease regarding repair responsibility and then find the covenant of habitability laws of your state. Your landlord needs to provide hot water. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.