RV/boat storage as value add in Columbus Ohio

9 Replies

I have extra land space in Columbus Ohio.  How much would you charge for RV or Boat space? Where would you market? 

@Angela Yan

The quick answer, I can’t tell you. Take a look at the market rates around you that are being offered. If there are non that if fantastic, that means there should be demand and you can set price.

As a rule of thumb with driveway aisles and turning radius you can fit about 50 spots give or take per acre.

Focus on marketing online. The physical location is playing less of a factor these days and online marketing is the main presence now.

Hope this helped.

@Steve Cheslock I’d second that. Look at your market rates and decide if you want to lower prices, match or raise them based on location, amenities, etc.

Also, we just had our civil engineer do a 1 acre lot optimized for RVs. We ended up with 30 spots with adequate turning radius for everyone.

Anyone here have experiencing putting RV/ mobile hook ups for modular? 

Originally posted by @Jim Kittridge :

@Steve Cheslock I’d second that. Look at your market rates and decide if you want to lower prices, match or raise them based on location, amenities, etc.

Also, we just had our civil engineer do a 1 acre lot optimized for RVs. We ended up with 30 spots with adequate turning radius for everyone.

@jimkittridge is right on with second part. Lot dimensions will play a HUGE role in determining how many spots you can fit. 

Originally posted by @Angela Yan :

Anyone here have experiencing putting RV/ mobile hook ups for modular? 

check zoning, not a lot of places in columbus that will allow hookups. Boat storage is also a zoning issue, need to be zoned appropriately. As for pricing, there is a boat storage (or sales?) place at the southwest corner of Westerville Road and Morse Rd if i remember right. I would call and pick their brain about prices and demand. Columbus really doesnt seem to be a boat or RV town to be honest. 

@Angela Yan

Post on Craigslist or Facebook marketplace or join a local “RV” or “boat” group in Facebook and post what you’re offering. Probably don’t want to deal with all the nuances of having it zoned for an RV so may want to just offer it as basic storage.