Best way to switch careers to property management?

Best way to switch careers to property management?

Rental Property Investor · Palmdale, CA · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 0 votes

I have a background as a biologist and was introduced into Real Estate about 2 years after graduating.I have been studying real estate for about a year and a half now and want to change careers. I have been trying to get into the business of property management but all jobs I see want 2 years property management experience, experience with Yardi, etc. How can someone fresh to the business break into the business?

0Reply
25 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    5y

    Knock on doors. Job advertisements are usually placed by people that are already in a pickle and they need someone experienced to prevent them from falling behind. They aren't interested in hiring someone green that they have to spend time training.

    You need to market yourself to companies that aren't looking for someone yet but they anticipate growth in the next 6-12 months. They can hire you cheap, train you internally, and you'll be ready as the growth comes. Try visiting offices with resume and cover letter in hand, get a face-to-face, and sell yourself.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.