Sublet lease thru Airbnb - connect w Landlord

Sublet lease thru Airbnb - connect w Landlord

Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hey all,

I’m new to this forum so bear with me... it seems like a good tool to use though.

I’m looking into getting into subletting various leases for homes thru Airbnb and am curious what everyone’s take on how to find and connect directly with landlords would be.

While it would be time consuming, you could isolate the area and homes you’re interested in engaging into a lease agreement with and message those hosts that are already on Airbnb to take over management of the property via lease/sublet combo. 

You could search for the various apartments/condos/homes that are available in the defined area and in this case, you’d most likely have to connect with the listing agent to get you in touch with the landlord themself to propose those sublet thru Airbnb idea.

Lastly, you would have to find the individual landlord’s contact information and contact them directly asking if they’d be open to having you sign as the tenant and sublet their property out thru Airbnb - seems very difficult.

I’d like to hear what others think would be the best way to connect direct with landlords to pitch this idea of subletting thru Airbnb. Of course there are local laws, taxes, regulations to consider, but for now I’m more so focused on the “how do I get in contact with them to get the conversation started?”.

Thanks all!

Rich

0Reply
9 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jonathan StyerBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 330 posts · 396 votes
    5y

    You will most likely need to speak with many landlords before you find some that are willing to allow you to do this. I don't know of any cheat codes, I would start calling private landlords from rental listings in your area. 

    Styer Real Estate Professionals4.941 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.