Bad Landlord puts "Snakes On A Plane" to shame!

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Yea there is no need for an eviction  here, I'd be out and call the health department to let the violations roll in and suing for my deposit back.  The fact though that they were warned about the rats should have been a sign that this isn't going to work out but this seems to have spiraled quickly.  If I were the tenant though I may show up to eviction court just to watch the judge lay into this guy. 

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Adam Martin:

    Yea there is no need for an eviction  here, I'd be out and call the health department to let the violations roll in and suing for my deposit back.  The fact though that they were warned about the rats should have been a sign that this isn't going to work out but this seems to have spiraled quickly.  If I were the tenant though I may show up to eviction court just to watch the judge lay into this guy. 

    I always wonder: why don't the tenants just leave? Odds are, this is a D-class neighborhood with D-class renters that just can't find anything else this cheap. And now they know why it was so cheap.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Catskill, NY · Member since 2018 · 636 posts · 668 votes
    5y

    I find it sort of comical how the article makes is sound like the tenants were mad about the eviction notice. I would've been out of there long before I could've been served. Hard to believe they didn't notice some of these "infestations" prior to moving in. I feel like they could handle/deal with everything else, but the snakes were the last straw. lol

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.