Amendment form for lease extension on my rental property?

Amendment form for lease extension on my rental property?

Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 5 votes

I've got a rental unit in San Diego, CA with great tenants who are approaching the end of their current lease. They have told me that they are interested in renewing the lease, and I'm happy to have them stay.

I am preparing for the renewal and wondering if I can use the AMENDMENT OF EXISTING AGREEMENT form by the California Association of Realtors (C.A.R. Form AEA, 12/17) for this. Can I use one of these amendment forms to refer to the original lease and simply make adjustments on the monthly rent amount and the lease termination date?

Is there any risk in using the amendment form this way?

Thank you in advance!

0Reply
19 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    5y

    I believe you should be able to find forms through a local apartment association. it also doesn't need to be that complicated. just at a handwritten note that the lease is extended for x number of months with a new termination date. have all parties signed and you are good to go

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.