Milwaukee - Renters Warehouse concerns -no disbursements Jul/Aug

Milwaukee - Renters Warehouse concerns -no disbursements Jul/Aug

Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Hello - 

I am looking for advice on what to do..

Here is my situation : 

I own a rental property in Milwaukee which is being "managed" by Renters Warehouse , Milwaukee. Their service has been less than par ( overcharging for repairs etc) but that is another post.

My current issue is that I have not received rental disbursements for July and Aug. The people I used to correspond with ( the "property manager") and the Financial Controller are no longer working there ( I got an auto email saying that they have left RW). The auto-email copied a distribution ( PinkManagementTeam) but they have not responded either. I have been trying for the last 3 days to contact people via email and today I left voice mails for folks I identified on the Milwaukee website. Haven't heard anything.

I am at a complete loss with the situation. I went with RW thinking they were a big company and too big to fail - but this has left me dumbfounded. I have payments to make and NOT being informed on ANY status with regard to rent receipts/disbursements is awful.  Unprofessional to say the least. 

What are my options ? I am out of state so I can't physically visit the office either ( not that anyone would be there I guess). Does someone have an "in" with the RW folks who can help ?

Thanks for any insights anyone might have.

0Reply
18 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Will FraserPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Salt Lake City & Oklahoma City · Member since 2018 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    Dang @Venkatesh Gopal, this sucks! I'm sorry to hear of your predicament with RW!  I wish I had some ninja moves to offer you, but the only thing that comes to mind is this:  this behavior seems to be in violation of their duties per the broker license they must have, so you could find the managing broker's info and call them, and if they do not respond call the local Real Estate Commission and let them know what's going on.  They may ask you to file a complaint, and if you've already exhausted the other options that would be the prudent next step.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.