No more Cozi for rent , now what?

10 Replies

I’d like to get back to receiving rent online and found out Cozy is no longer operating . 
what are people using now - hopefully for free?

Cozy was bought by apartments.com and they still offer what Cozy used to. I only have one rental property but use that platform, it’s free, payments are online and it’s user friendly. No issues for my little rental.

Originally posted by @Marci Stein :

I’d like to get back to receiving rent online and found out Cozy is no longer operating . 
what are people using now - hopefully for free?

They were acquired by Apartments (CoStar) and the same services operates through them. If you had a Cozy account, it was likely moved to Apartments. My account was migrated six months ago and we have seen difference in rent collection. There are many other options, some cost money and some don't. 

Originally posted by @Marci Stein :

@Joe Splitrock What difference have you noticed —for better or worse?

For payments, no difference. For tenant screening, it costs applicants less money, which is good. They have phone based customer support that I found responsive. Cozy had no phone support. The only problem I had was during migration. I already had an Apartments.com account under the same email address as my Cozy account, so merging accounts created duplicate properties. I simply deleted the duplicates and everything was fine. I only use it for payments and screening. 

@Marci Stein I switched to apartments.con but have had a terrible experience so far with the migration. The customer service rep never answers and wasn’t able to help me with my issues I was having with the platform so I might be switching out of them