San Jose Meetup - Friday 11/7/14

28 Replies

• 11/07/14 07:00PM
  • Whispers Cafe and Creperie 1085 E Brokaw Rd Ste 10 San Jose, CA 95131
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

Hi All,

Last month we have had over 30+ BP members attend this meetup, chatting about investing in the San Jose area and also out of state. @Jay Y. initially suggested this meetup and I have been keeping it going ever since. Regular experienced investors such as @J Martin from Oakland and @Minh Le   in San Jose have been attending. We welcome anyone who would like to attend!

When: Friday, November 7, 2014, 7:00pm

Where: Whispers Cafe and Creperie (outside patio)

(The cafe is in the same complex as City Sports and in the same building as Five Guys on the opposite side of the building.)

1085 E Brokaw Rd
Ste 10
San Jose, CA 95131

Please support the small business by spending some money and tipping for the great service we receive every month! (For some reason, last month the manager wasn't thrilled with us and thought we only spent $103. I definitely know we spent more than this! The manager asked for a $10 average spend and I bet we can do this easily. Lets eat and drink a lot so that we can keep on coming to this great space!)

There have been a few people wanting to receive email updates of the next meetup and I have finally setup a meetup.com website. Join to get updates!

http://www.meetup.com/SF-Bay-Area-Real-Estate-Investing-Club/

Looking forward to meeting new investors and seeing familiar faces.

Regards,

Johnson

@Paul Cheung   - You asked me last Friday how you can receive email updates for meetups so I finally setup the meetup.com website just for you! haha I look forward to seeing you and your wife at the next meetup. I hope she is nicer to you after a long vacation! :)

@Johnson H.   - Wow, I feel so honored. I guess I have no excuse not to show up next time. As for Gina, she may not make it back in time. So I get to enjoy being single for a little while longer. hehe.

@Paul Cheung   - If she is still on vacation, maybe you can buy a few properties before she gets back! haha

I can make it early again at 4pm. @J Martin and @Minh Le , can you guys make it early again too?

Johnson,

For this meet-up, I will only be able to be there between 4:00-6ish then I have to leave.  We have a family event. 

For those who are interested in listening to what Bruce Norris has to say, he is having a presentation at SJREI on 11/6 afternoon in Sunnyvale.  

Johnson, usually we meet in the middle of the month and this one is pretty early. Is there a reason for this? I will be looking at properties out of town so I will miss this one and breaking my streak.:-)

@Ezra Nugroho  Doing a follow up in Birmingham . I did 8 days in Atlanta, 2 days in Milwaukee, and 6 hours in Bham at the beginning of Oct. 

B'ham got my interest so I'm going back for more research. 

@Kevin Auyong  , please contact me when in Birmingham.  I can help you out.

@Kevin Auyong   - Sorry about that Kevin. @J Martin's Summit is Nov 14-15 and I didn't want have it right before that. The next week I felt was too close to Thanksgiving. Just to give you a heads up, the next meetup is on Dec 5. It is already on my meetup.com group already as I only like to post meetup's on BP one at a time. I hope to see you either at the summit or at the next meetup! I hope you buy up Birmingham! haha

ok, all makes sense now, Time is flying by.

@Johnson H.  , I'll probably be there to meet @Minh Le  early, as usual.. (still not working! ;)

I signed up on your meetup group, and I highly recommend everyone else do it also to help make it easier for Johnson to organize, and for the rest of us to get updated..

Thanks Johnson! I'll be joining in for Bruce Norris' SJREI speaking event on 11/6 also. If you're there, you'll be hearing a little more from Geraldine Barry about my Summit on Nov 15 & 16, since she is a speaker, along with some AMAZING investors from this site, including Brandon Turner, Bryan Hancock, Brian Burke, Aaron Mazzrillo, and lots more! Check out my signature for the link.

Thanks for keeping these meetups going Johnson! And for being the person to introduce me to BP so many years ago ;)

Originally posted by @Johnson H. :

@Kevin Auyong   - Sorry about that Kevin. @J Martin's Summit is Nov 14-15 and I didn't want have it right before that. The next week I felt was too close to Thanksgiving. Just to give you a heads up, the next meetup is on Dec 5. It is already on my meetup.com group already as I only like to post meetup's on BP one at a time. I hope to see you either at the summit or at the next meetup! I hope you buy up Birmingham! haha

Thanks for thinking of me Johnson!

Btw, the event is Nov 15 & 16, Sat and Sun, not 11/14...

Originally posted by @J. Martin :

@Johnson H. , I'll probably be there to meet @Minh Le  early, as usual.. (still not working! ;)

I signed up on your meetup group, and I highly recommend everyone else do it also to help make it easier for Johnson to organize, and for the rest of us to get updated..

Thanks Johnson! I'll be joining in for Bruce Norris' SJREI speaking event on 11/6 also. If you're there, you'll be hearing a little more from Geraldine Barry about my Summit on Nov 15 & 16, since she is a speaker, along with some AMAZING investors from this site, including Brandon Turner, Bryan Hancock, Brian Burke, Aaron Mazzrillo, and lots more! Check out my signature for the link.

Thanks for keeping these meetups going Johnson! And for being the person to introduce me to BP so many years ago ;)

Thanks for coming out again J and promoting my meetup group as well! I wish I was able to make it out to your meetup last night but I have to work for a living unlike yourself :)

Sorry about messing up your summit days. I am looking forward to it!

Thanks for everyone who has signed up for the meetup group! We have 20+ confirmed attendees, many new to this meetup. Please sign up if you haven't already as it helps me a lot by keeping track of the amount of people who attend and it automatically reminds you when the next meetup is! Here is the link to sign up if you haven't already:

Also, if anyone has a deal in SF for single or multifamily, please let me know! I am looking for deals on the peninsula as well. Looking forward to seeing everybody on Friday!

I hate to cancel last minute, but my husband is sick today so I can't be there. I hope to see you guys next month.

That's too bad Yuli. I hope Kristian feels better soon!

Hi Johnson!

I really wanted to attend the meetup this evening, but I'm having a bad reaction to new medication and am not well enough.  Next time! 

Marilynn Woodcock

Johnson, thanks for organizing another great meetup!

@Johnson H. I'd like to join you guys next time around. 

Thanks everyone for attending the meetup! We had about 30 investors come out and chat about real estate. Lots of new folks too from meetup.com. Be on the lookout for the next meetup on Dec 5!

@Marilynn Woodcock   - I hope you're feeling better these days!

@Moshe Gat   & @Eric Z. - You're welcome guys, thanks for coming out!

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.