Pittsburgh meetup?

Pittsburgh meetup?

When:

Where:Pittsburgh PA

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Bridgeville, PA · Member since 2013 · 395 posts · 105 votes

Hi Everyone,

I would love to organize a local meeting for Pittsburgh investors, I know we already have REIA & ACRE but I was thinking something a little less structured. In order to start the process I need to get a head count on how many people would come, I am thinking either a Monday or Friday night but I am up for suggestions.

I would like to meet monthly if everyone is up for it.

I don't have a time or date yet but I would like to setup the first one for December or January.

1Reply
186 views

Most Popular Reply

Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2013 · 82 posts · 17 votes
11y

@Ian Hoover I would be interested getting involved in a local Pittsburgh investors meeting.   I have been to Jerry's meeting and it's excellent, but haven't made it out recently as I am in North Pittsburgh. I think somewhere in North Hills would be a good general location.

See this reply in the discussion

82 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bridgeville, PA · Member since 2013 · 395 posts · 105 votes
    11y

    @Matt Foulkrod 

     we had this one but I probably will have one per quarter because it was a good turn out, I would be happy to have more help TY.

  • Mars, PA · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    @Ian Hoover I was one the few who missed the last Pittsburgh meetup. Time for another this quarter?

    Looking forward to meeting some more people.

  • munhall, PA · Member since 2015 · 29 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    I am interested in meeting. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2014 · 71 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    Please keep us posted.

  • Involved In Real Estate · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Interested as well

  • Bridgeville, PA · Member since 2013 · 395 posts · 105 votes
    11y

    I was thinking end of June, would Monday still work for everyone?

  • Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    I'm brand new to BP (and relatively new to real estate investing in general).  I'd be very interested to get together with some folks... if for no other reason than to say hello and get my feet wet.  
    Still thinking end of June-ish for the next meeting?

  • Harmony, PA · Member since 2015 · 52 posts · 9 votes
    11y

    I am new to everything but would love to join and be a part of it all.

    Wednesday or Thursday are best for me.  I am also North.

  • Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2013 · 82 posts · 17 votes
    11y

    Yes, Mon is typically good.  Thanks

  • Real Estate Agent · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2014 · 821 posts · 255 votes
    11y

    Sure count me in. Would be great. 

  • Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2014 · 30 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    @Ian Hoover Monday sounds like it worked last time & I think it would work this time too. I think you could schedule it for just about any day & people will come :). Keep us posted!!

  • Professional · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Hi - unrelated to the above but thought that the people replying here would be a great resource.  A friend of mine owns and resides in a single family home in Regents Square. The home is not subdivided in any way but she has 2 college students renting rooms from her. Neighbors "called in" to the city pressing that she should have to have an Occupancy Permit and associated inspection. It seems to me that since she is just renting the rooms and not commercial, subdivided units, that she could push back on this. Do you have any suggestions?

  • Bridgeville, PA · Member since 2013 · 395 posts · 105 votes
    10y

    Have her talk to a Real estate attorney, if you need a good one to refer please email me I have one I can give you that I do a ton of business with.

  • Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    10y

    @Ian Hoover   I just came across this post. Are these quarterly meetings still going on?  Thanks!

  • Bridgeville, PA · Member since 2013 · 395 posts · 105 votes
    10y

    @Matt Salera this was a huge success when we did it (had about 60 people turn out) however due to budget and time I was unable to keep it going.

    I want to start doing a big one once per year or so but on the regular we started a meetup for the 2nd Saturday of every month (the Alex Deacon team meetup) and that has been great we have smaller groups (10-15 people).

    You can also check out ACRE, REIA or @Jerry Kisasonak Monthly get together.

  • Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2015 · 37 posts · 29 votes
    10y

    @Ian Hoover I would be interested in this. I am always looking for meetups and attending events. Tomorrow I am going to the ACRE event

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2015 · 712 posts · 173 votes
    10y
    Are these meetings still going on?
  • Bridgeville, PA · Member since 2013 · 395 posts · 105 votes
    10y

    This was a huge success when we did it (had about 60 people turn out) however due to budget and time I was unable to keep it going.

    I want to start doing a big one once per year or so but on the regular we started a meetup for the 2nd Saturday of every month (the Alex Deacon team meetup) and that has been great we have smaller groups (10-15 people).

  • Lender · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 31 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    Hey Ian

    I'm a commercial loan broker, I will be in the Burgh in April. Hope to join you guys. Lived in the Burgh for 16 years before moving Philly.

    Give me detail with regards to registration.

  • Investor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    @Jerry Kisasonak Hey Jerry, Hoping to attend your meeting next Thursday. Is the location and time information current and accurate?

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Mc Keesport, PA · Member since 2012 · 449 posts · 154 votes
    10y

    @Jamie Lennox

    Yes, we will be getting together next week - Thursday the 19th at Christina's in White Oak. 3017 Jacks Run Road. 6:30Pm arrival 7Pm start. It's free and open to the public. You're welcome to bring your spouse or a guest. : ) 

    Pittsburgh Pa 

  • Bridgeville, PA · Member since 2013 · 395 posts · 105 votes
    10y

    We have our next meetup tomorrow morning, Phil Scolieri from Scolieri law will be speaking.

    http://www.meetup.com/Alex-Deacon-Team-Real-Estate-Networking-Meetup/

  • Investor · Natrona Heights, PA · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    10y
    I am interested in meetings around Pittsburgh
  • Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 8 votes
    10y
    When will the next meet up be? I would love to attend
  • Bridgeville, PA · Member since 2013 · 395 posts · 105 votes
    10y

    Ours is once a month on Saturday morning you can visit our meetup page for more details:

    http://www.meetup.com/Alex-Deacon-Team-Real-Estate-Networking-Meetup/

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.