ORANGE COUNTY CA INVESTORS - MEET THE CONTRACTORS, DESIGNER, BROKER & LENDERS

ORANGE COUNTY CA INVESTORS - MEET THE CONTRACTORS, DESIGNER, BROKER & LENDERS

This event is brought to you by:American Real Estate 00848454

Where:Unknown

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Karen MargraveBusiness Member
Moderator
Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes

As many of you know, we are involved in building new, spec construction in Orange County, CA. For those of you that are curious about new construction; and what goes into it, we are going to have an Open House specifically for BP members to stop by and see the house before the drywall goes on; and walls are closed up. I got the idea from @Todd Whiddon and have adapted it to our setup, I hope he approves. 

It will be an opportunity for you to ask the questions you've wondered about! We will have a Licensed General Contractor, Licensed Electrical Contractor, Building designer and Real Estate Broker on hand for you talk to; and ask questions of. Even if you don't do new construction, possibly newbies that know nothing about construction, etc., it's an opportunity to see what's behind the walls, why certain things are done, and how it all works, thoughts for choosing certain things, etc. 

My question: Is there anyone that would be interested in doing something like this? If so, maybe we can set it up for a Saturday morning  and I'll get some coffee and muffins, and have all of you over to the house in San Clemente, CA. It will probably be within the month, but I'll know more on scheduling tomorrow, we're waiting for timing on window delivery. 

Let me know if you are interested, and I will look at the schedule and set the date. 

San Clemente Spec Build

1Reply
191 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Bellevue WA & Orange County, CA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
11y

Sounds Awesome Karen I wish I could check it out but I am up here in WA, I'll be back soon to do a drive by/meet with Michael.

See this reply in the discussion

50 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Bellevue WA & Orange County, CA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Sounds Awesome Karen I wish I could check it out but I am up here in WA, I'll be back soon to do a drive by/meet with Michael.

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    @Albert Bui  I actually had @mentioned you to say maybe I could get a lender, and then remembered you were in WA so took your name off! Your ears must have been ringing! Hope all is going well. I know Michael would like meeting up with you sometime.  

  • Lender · Bellevue WA & Orange County, CA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Karen Margrave  I am definitely interested though, I am usually back in OC after 2-3 week stints here in pierce county. I'll be back  Jan 24th -10th of feb in OC.

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    @Albert Bui Actually, that might work. I'll keep you posted on the date. I'm sure there are a lot of people that would like to pick the brains of a lender too! 

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2010 · 325 posts · 335 votes
    11y

    @Karen Margrave Glad to have been an inspiration!  Yours sounds MUCH better though with coffee and muffins included!

    Also it's GREAT you are doing it on the weekends! I can't do evenings / weekends because of family stuff and it's REALLY tough for a lot of folks that want to come to make it during the week.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Dana Point, CA · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 9 votes
    11y

    Hi @Karen Margrave - I'd love to be there.  Please keep me posted!  Thank you

  • Homeowner · AZ · Member since 2013 · 28 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Sounds interesting! 

  • Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2014 · 137 posts · 96 votes
    11y

    @Karen Margrave  I would be interested.  Keep me posted.

  • Loan Officer / Processor / Life & Health Agent · Rancho Cucamonga, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 757 votes
    11y

    @Karen Margrave 

    I would love to walk around and take a look.  This is a kool idea as well and if you need me to help with anything just let me know. 

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 31 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    @Karen Margrave 

    Keep me in the loop and I will be there!

    I see so many vacant lots in the middle of developed areas, and often wonder how I can turn those vacant lots into something. 

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    @Shaun Weekes Sounds good, there are always people with questions for lenders, etc., and each lender has their own niches they like, and criteria they can work with, etc. so I think it would be great to have you there. 

  • Loan Officer / Processor / Life & Health Agent · Rancho Cucamonga, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 757 votes
    11y

    @Karen Margrave 

    Please let me know when you'll be holding this and I'll be there :)

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    @Andy Beattie @Albert Bui @Peter Chan @Michael Gerard @Brent Seehusen @Shaun Weekes 

    Due to the fact that things are beginning to move along quickly on the job, we may have people scheduled on Saturdays. We are trying to figure out the schedule. Therefore; if need be, would a Sunday morning work? 

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    I know you don't live in Orange County @Will Barnard and @Jim Workman but wanted to make sure you're included in the invite! Though I know you already have the experience and know your way around job sites Will! 

  • Loan Officer / Processor / Life & Health Agent · Rancho Cucamonga, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 757 votes
    11y

    @Karen Margrave 

    Sunday is fine for me and keep me posted.  Thanks.

  • La Crescenta, CA · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Thanks @Karen Margrave  

    I hope I can make it.  

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    11y

    Thanks for the invite Karen, let me know what date and time you end up with, if it is possible, maybe I can come down and perhaps provide some insight if asked.

  • Investor · Pico Rivera, CA · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    I am definitely interested.  Keep me posted.  Thank you.

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    @Will Barnard having a luxury flipper will definitely round out the experts! I'll keep you posted. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Beverly Hills, CA · Member since 2014 · 472 posts · 272 votes
    11y

    @Karen Margrave 

    @Catherine McGinnis and I would be interested in attending as well. It sounds like a lot of fun.

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    @Joshua McGinnis  Sounds good! Can't wait to meet all of you guys. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Brea, CA · Member since 2011 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Hi @Karen Margrave, I am also interested. Thank you this learning opportunity. My preference is Saturday mornings, but I could make Sunday work too.

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    My biggest challenge will be to figure out the parking situation. It's a residential area, and really not a lot of parking on weekends (maybe 4 spots by house). Maybe we can park cars off site a few blocks; and carpool to the house? 

    @Jesus Lara Welcome to the site! It's a great place to learn about real estate. We have people here in every niche imaginable, and always willing to share their knowledge. I'll keep you posted on the Open House. 

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    @Scott Williams and @Helen Youn  I thought you might want to come by to see what we do. 

  • RE Investor & Broker · Huntington Beach, CA · Member since 2011 · 60 posts · 22 votes
    11y

    Would love to see what you are working on, I will stop by schedule permitting!

    Thanks, Scott

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.