Buying Foreclosures at Online Auctions in Tampa? Let's Meet!

Buying Foreclosures at Online Auctions in Tampa? Let's Meet!

When:

Where:O'Brien's Irish Pub, 701 W Lumsden Rd, Brandon, FL 33511

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Tampa, FL · Member since 2014 · 169 posts · 164 votes

I LOVE the BP community! I've met some terrific people, learn something on every visit, and sold my first fix/flip through BP! So now-- it's time to give something back!

One of my first posts was "Tampa / Hillsborough County Foreclosure Auction Help!". Since then, the conversation has continued. Seems there are a lot of people like me who are both simultaneously interested in buying auction properties and scared to death of it! ;)

SO... I'm organizing a little get together. It's FREE (of course!) Come meet other BP folks, hear from experienced investors, share your experiences, and ask LOTS of questions! We'll meet MONDAY, February 1, 2016 @ 7pm at O'Brien's Irish Pub in Brandon, FL. Afterwards, stick around for drinks and networking! Here's more info and links:

We’ll have TWO SPEAKERS:

LEE KEARNEY-- CEO of Southeast Property Investments Network- better known as SPIN. Lee is "The REO Rockstar," and is one of the nation's TOP wholesalers of bank-owned foreclosure houses. Lee lives in Tampa and regularly wholesales 15-20 auction properties per month. www.spinhouses.com

WILLIAM HOWLEY-- Founder of auctiontumbler.com. If you're looking to purchase auction properties in Hillsborough County, Sarasota County or Pinellas County, Auctiontumbler.com is a must-have tool (and it's FREE!). Auctiontumbler.com enables you to search county auctions by date, city, by property features (beds/baths), create a Watch List (download it to Excel), and MUCH MORE!

FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE is HERE.

REGISTRATION SIGN-UP is HERE:

Hope you can make it out!

Thanks, Mark...

3Reply
42 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 35 posts · 8 votes
10y
I'm glad that you posted this! I'll be there!
See this reply in the discussion

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 35 posts · 8 votes
    10y
    I'm glad that you posted this! I'll be there!
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    I'll be there.

  • Tampa, FL · Member since 2014 · 169 posts · 164 votes
    10y

    Excellent. Hope to see y'all there!

  • Real Estate Agent · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    I would be there also. 

  • Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    Thanks for setting this up, Mark! I plan on attending!

  • Tampa, FL · Member since 2014 · 169 posts · 164 votes
    10y

    Look forward to meeting you Jonathan! Please pass the word along to your network. We're hoping for a strong turn-out. ;)

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    10y

    @Mark J.  I can't be there, but these seem like great guest speakers anyone with any interest in the auction and wholesale side of things will probably learn a lot

  • Tampa, FL · Member since 2014 · 169 posts · 164 votes
    10y

    @Jay Hinrichs - Thanks! 

    BTW-- I tried both websites listed in your sig and neither worked. Getting a 403 Forbidden error at TurnKey-Reviews.com

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    10y

    @Mark J.  turnkey reivews was hacked.. in process of fixing.

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Just closed today on my first flip! I plan on attending.

  • Tampa, FL · Member since 2014 · 169 posts · 164 votes
    10y

    @Samir Abrahani - CONGRATS!!! I actually just bought my first auction property last week! Good timing too... ;) Please find me and introduce yourself if you're able to make it out. Look forward to meeting you and other BP folks.

    Just a reminder for others:

    Time of Event: Monday, 02/01/2016 at 07:00PM
    Location: O'Brien's Irish Pub, 701 W Lumsden Rd, Brandon, FL 33511
    Fee to Attend: Free

    FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE is HERE.

    REGISTRATION SIGN-UP is HERE:

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    @Mark J. Congrats! Did you buy it online? And did you get to see it from the inside before buying?

  • Tampa, FL · Member since 2014 · 169 posts · 164 votes
    10y

    Yes, I bought it online at the county auction site. And no, I wasn't able to see inside, as is the case with almost all auction properties I've looked at. I did a LOT of research, including gaining valuable insights from neighbors, which gave me confidence about the condition of the interior. After winning the auction, a locksmith got me inside, I was really keeping my fingers crossed-- and it turned out my instincts were right. It was pretty well-taken care of and had only been vacant for about eight months (generally a good sign). It still needs a $15K reno to make it nice, and it only needs one small bathroom gut. Everything else is cosmetic (at this point). Very happy indeed!! This will be rental that I plan to hold for some time.

  • Lithia, FL · Member since 2016 · 90 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Do you guys have experience with tax deed sales too? I am starting with deeds and would like some advice

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    @Mark J. Good for your Mark! Not bad for a first auction property! Hope to see you at the meeting.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.