Portland Oregon Spring 2016 Meet-Up

Portland Oregon Spring 2016 Meet-Up

Where:Unknown

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 292 posts · 114 votes

Hello all you beautiful BiggerPockets members!

After discussing the subject of a meet-up with some new BiggerPockets members I realized it has been a while since we have done one of these. Reconnecting with @Brad F. today made me realize just how long it has been since the last one. 

I wanted to make this post to see what kind of interest there is to have a Spring meeting and to have a collaborative discussion on when and where we would like to put it on this time. 

If you are interested in attending a Portland Oregon meeting just reply to this thread or shoot me a private message. As long as there is enough people interested, I am sure we can have a fun event planned here soon. 

Thanks for everyone's feedback and happy investing!

Rob

2Reply
172 views

Most Popular Reply

Mike NussPro Member
Real Estate Entrepreneur · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 451 posts · 328 votes
10y

We are reserved at the Green Dragon on 9th just south of Belmont. April 19th we can start showing up any where from 6:00 to 6:30. @Robert Laird and I will be supplying some appetizers. No host bar with lots of great Portland beer. 

See this reply in the discussion

71 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Portland, OR · Member since 2008 · 123 posts · 73 votes
    10y

    @Robert Laird, I'm interested 

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2016 · 92 posts · 31 votes
    10y

    @Robert Laird, I am in for sure, just let me know when and where. If you need help organizing, let me know also. 

    Thanks for bringing this up, I saw there was one last year, and was wondering if we will ever get another meetup!

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 292 posts · 114 votes
    10y

    Of course! I will definitely let you know if I will need help organizing. 

    Hopefully there will be enough interest/turn out to have a very informative meeting!

  • Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 146 posts · 101 votes
    10y

    Yes, I'm interested!

  • Brad HammondBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Portland, OR · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 605 votes
    10y

    I'm down!!

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Thanks Robert, Please include me on your invite list.

  • Developer · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 732 posts · 490 votes
    10y

    I'm interested.

  • Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 16 votes
    10y

    Sounds great!

  • Oregon City, OR · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    I'm definitely interested!

  • Real Estate Agent · vancouver , WA · Member since 2015 · 39 posts · 16 votes
    10y

    I'm in

  • Silverton, OR · Member since 2016 · 43 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    Please include me on the list as well. I'm new to the industry and would love some to start building a network of real estate friends. Thanks!

  • Investor · Dripping Springs, TX · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    I'm interested!

  • Rental Property Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 338 posts · 332 votes
    10y

    Count me in!  Thanks for taking the initiative on this, @Robert Laird!

  • Real Estate Investor · Salem, OR · Member since 2015 · 60 posts · 16 votes
    10y

    I'm in!

    Depending on the date I'll be there! I've been looking forward to this for a while.

    Thanks @Robert Laird

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 292 posts · 114 votes
    10y

    This is great! I am glad there is some interest out there! 

    How does Mid-Late April sound to everyone? Maybe a Tuesday to avoid RareBird meetings? I am partial to the east side, but if people have objections or a good recommendation to meet on the west side, I am always open to try out a new place. 

    I don't know if @Jessica S. still has the friend with the meeting space on Alberta, but I personally enjoyed that meet up the most so far just because it was so easy to hear everyone and no one had to talk over the noise of a busy restaurant. 

    @Brad F., thoughts?

    I am always open to ideas and am excited we are planning a spring meet-up!

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    I'm interested in a meetup, also partial to the east side. Thanks for organizing

  • Mike NussPro Member
    Real Estate Entrepreneur · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 451 posts · 328 votes
    10y

    @Robert Laird thanks for thinking about our meetings. I'm in on a Tuesday (or Wednesday) and would love to see an Eastside venue as well. 

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    I'm definitely interested. Count me in.

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    Please include me on the list as well! Thanks for putting this together!

  • Vancouver, WA · Member since 2015 · 98 posts · 46 votes
    10y

    I'm game:)

  • Real Estate Agent · Portland, OR · Member since 2013 · 85 posts · 37 votes
    10y

    I am in.  Please include me as well!  Thanks!

  • Real Estate Agent · Portland, OR · Member since 2013 · 154 posts · 67 votes
    10y

    Hi @Robert Laird,

    Thanks for tagging me on this one.  The couple who own the space near Alberta are in Costa Rica right now getting married (!)

    But I think I can come up with a good Eastside Meeting spot, even if theirs isn't available.  Jon and I are out of town until April 15th.  Would the third week of April be good?  Let me know and I'll get something sorted.

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    Lucky Lab on Hawthorne has a little private room. I've attended some networking type events there and it's worked pretty well, not sure how to reserve it or whether there is a fee but I could find out. Green Dragon also has a small events room. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 292 posts · 114 votes
    10y

    @Jessica S. Wow thats so exciting! I bet they are having a blast! Let me know if you can find a good spot on the Eastside and if nothing jumps out at you we can try and reserve a large space in one of the spots @Amanda Coleman mentioned. 

    Should we set a tentative date of Tuesday April 19th and as long as there are no major objections just plan on that?

    Im looking forward to it! Should be a good turn out!

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2012 · 66 posts · 30 votes
    10y

    You can count us in!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.