Portland Oregon Spring 2016 Meet-Up

Portland Oregon Spring 2016 Meet-Up

Where:Unknown

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Real Estate Broker 路 Portland, OR 路 Member since 2014 路 292 posts 路 114 votes

Hello all you beautiful BiggerPockets members!

After discussing the subject of a meet-up with some new BiggerPockets members I realized it has been a while since we have done one of these. Reconnecting with @Brad F. today made me realize just how long it has been since the last one. 

I wanted to make this post to see what kind of interest there is to have a Spring meeting and to have a collaborative discussion on when and where we would like to put it on this time. 

If you are interested in attending a Portland Oregon meeting just reply to this thread or shoot me a private message. As long as there is enough people interested, I am sure we can have a fun event planned here soon. 

Thanks for everyone's feedback and happy investing!

Rob

2Reply
231 views

Most Popular Reply

Mike NussPro Member
Real Estate Entrepreneur 路 Portland, OR 路 Member since 2014 路 451 posts 路 328 votes
10y

We are reserved at the Green Dragon on 9th just south of Belmont. April 19th we can start showing up any where from 6:00 to 6:30. @Robert Laird and I will be supplying some appetizers. No host bar with lots of great Portland beer. 

See this reply in the discussion

71 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Construction Administer / Entrepreneur 路 Nehalem, OR 路 Member since 2016 路 9 posts 路 4 votes
    10y

    Hello, My partner and I are new members of bigger pockets. We have been in learning mode for the last two years, but are now taking action. Pursuing deals and researching markets.  We live on the coast and have looked at several neighbors from Portland to Eugene. We would love to attend your event to meet more people in this field. Thanks! 

  • Mike NussPro Member
    Real Estate Entrepreneur 路 Portland, OR 路 Member since 2014 路 451 posts 路 328 votes
    10y

    @Robert Laird @Amanda Coleman Lucky lab runs between $100-$200 for 3 hours, depending the night of the week. We would get a private bartender included in the cost. I'm happy to pay for it. let me know if you want me to schedule it or if we want to see if @Jessica S. comes with a better solution. 

  • Wilsonville, OR 路 Member since 2016 路 12 posts 路 5 votes
    10y
    Robert Laird thanks for taking the initiative! I am interested!
  • Investor 路 Vancouver, WA 路 Member since 2014 路 8 posts 路 1 vote
    10y

    I'm in

  • Wilsonville, OR 路 Member since 2016 路 12 posts 路 5 votes
    10y

    Oh no! I realized I will be in Dallas on the 19th, arriving to Portland at 9:30PM!!

  • Real Estate Agent 路 Portland, OR 路 Member since 2013 路 154 posts 路 67 votes
    10y

    @Mike Nuss, sounds great.  I'll buy you a beer 馃榾

  • Residential and Commercial Real Estate Broker 路 Portland, OR 路 Member since 2008 路 52 posts 路 8 votes
    10y

    I'm interested. 

  • Real Estate Broker 路 Portland, OR 路 Member since 2014 路 292 posts 路 114 votes
    10y

    Sounds like it is going to be at the Lucky Lab on SE Hawthorne Tuesday April 19th. I will coordinate with @Mike Nuss to get the space reserved and will keep everyone posted on the time. 

    This should be a fun one!

  • Mike NussPro Member
    Real Estate Entrepreneur 路 Portland, OR 路 Member since 2014 路 451 posts 路 328 votes
    10y

    We are reserved at the Green Dragon on 9th just south of Belmont. April 19th we can start showing up any where from 6:00 to 6:30. @Robert Laird and I will be supplying some appetizers. No host bar with lots of great Portland beer. 

  • Specialist 路 Missoula, MT 路 Member since 2016 路 73 posts 路 44 votes
    10y

    Sounds great. Count me in.

  • Investor 路 Portland, OR 路 Member since 2014 路 146 posts 路 101 votes
    10y

    I'll be there!

  • Happy Valley, OR 路 Member since 2015 路 21 posts 路 15 votes
    10y
    I'm in too. Looking forward to finally making one of these meetups. Cheers!
  • Investor 路 Hillsboro, OR 路 Member since 2014 路 77 posts 路 35 votes
    10y

    I'm not sure of the dates yet, but if I'm back from St Augustine in time my wife and I will make it

  • Lender 路 Tualatin, OR 路 Member since 2016 路 29 posts 路 13 votes
    10y

    Robert, I'm interested!

  • Real Estate Investor 路 Salem, OR 路 Member since 2015 路 60 posts 路 16 votes
    10y

    I get back into the country on the 14th. So April 19th works for me. Thanks for putting this together!@Robert Laird 

  • Portland, OR 路 Member since 2016 路 4 posts 路 0 votes
    10y

    Thanks for putting this together, Portland BP!   I'd also love to attend and meet other members.

  • Real Estate Broker 路 Portland, OR 路 Member since 2014 路 292 posts 路 114 votes
    10y

    I confirmed with Mike this morning that we have the space reserved at Green Dragon for Tuesday April 19th starting at 6:30pm. As Mike said, we will be providing appetizers for people. Also, as always, please no pitching of products or services at this event. 

    Hope to see a lot of familiar faces there!

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Portland, OR 路 Member since 2015 路 338 posts 路 332 votes
    10y

    Thank you @Robert Laird and @Mike Nuss for organizing this!  I'm looking forward to meeting you all there.

    FYI this this is happening @Marcia Maynard @Isaac Frost @Susan Ronning @Stephen Ashbrook @Kory Thaut @Omid A. @Benjamin Ficker @Michael Do @Randy Johnston @Tara Ballenger @Tejuan Nickelson @Derrick Aragon .

    Hmm... those looked like tags when I wrote the post but not after they posted to BP.  Well I tried.

  • Portland, OR 路 Member since 2008 路 123 posts 路 73 votes
    10y

    Of course the one night that I have something for my son's school that cannot be missed is April 19th. Hopefully I'll be able to meet some of you at other local meetings, and maybe the next big Meet-up 

  • Investor 路 Portland, OR 路 Member since 2015 路 1 post 路 0 votes
    10y

    I'm newer to the BP community and would be interested in meeting some like-minded folks. The 19th would work for me.

  • Lender 路 Happy Valley, OR 路 Member since 2016 路 10 posts 路 7 votes
    10y

    I am down. Please add me. Thank you!!

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Happy Valley, OR 路 Member since 2015 路 6 posts 路 3 votes
    10y

    @Robert Laird That sounds great! Count me in! 

  • Investor 路 Portland, OR 路 Member since 2012 路 29 posts 路 9 votes
    10y

    Sounds great!  Would love to join in!

  • Flipper/Rehabber 路 Summerville, SC 路 Member since 2015 路 63 posts 路 51 votes
    10y

    @Robert Laird Dude!  I apologize for being such a flake lately, but I have literally been drowning in properties LOL. You however are my grounding force/balance!  Wow has it really been this long since our last Portland BP meet up!?  There is much to talk about for sure as the market changes at a rapid pace.  I'd love to put together another meet up similar to our last format as a meet and greet. Although somewhere that might be a tad quieter for those whom do not have the natural booming voice that Rob has!  

    I'd like to add something to this format that I thoroughly enjoyed when I went to a REAPS program in Seattle.  I'd like a quick summary on the current market as it relates to the last 90 days, in addition to current wants and needs.  I.E  Are you a wholesaler? Bring your properties. As investors, bring a wants a needs list be prepared to share. Need a contractor? Bring a contractor? I want to create a forum for a value add meeting.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker 路 Portland, OR 路 Member since 2016 路 2 posts 路 0 votes
    10y

    I'd love to be part of this! Elisha

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.