Airbnb Laws in Denver: Learn What You Can and Can't Do

Airbnb Laws in Denver: Learn What You Can and Can't Do

When:

Where:Capitol Hill Tavern

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Real Estate Agent · Colorado | stan.store/JamesCarlson · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
What exactly can you do with Airbnb and short-term rentals in Denver? 

Come grab a drink and learn all about:
  • The primary residence rule 
  • City enforcement efforts 
  • What insurance you need 
  • Duplexes, basements & carriage houses 
  • HOA restrictions
  • Creative workarounds

Bring your questions! 

March 22, 2017
Capitol Hill Tavern
1225 Logan St
Denver, CO 80203

Free. To register (or basically, to let me know you're coming), call or email:

James Carlson
720-460-1770 
[email protected]

2Reply
15 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    9y

    @James Carlson is this Denver-specific or Colorado? I'm hoping to pick up a property to AirBnB, but it's not in Denver proper.

  • Real Estate Agent · Colorado | stan.store/JamesCarlson · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    Hey @Mindy Jensen. I will focus on Denver, but I know what many other cities along the front range have done or are planning to do. (It's actually a current project of mine to create a database -- or just a simple document -- with all the laws for the various cities. The cities don't make it easy to find this info.)

    What city are you looking in?

  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    9y

    Longmont. Ideally, the house next door.

  • Real Estate Agent · Grand Junction, CO · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
    9y

    Would love to attend or somehow host something like that on THIS side of the mountains... I have no specific expertise to offer other than I've used AirBnB in foreign countries and once developed a "tiny house apartment" that the new owners turned into an AirBnB. If anyone has ideas or contacts for this area let me know... 

  • Real Estate Agent · Colorado | stan.store/JamesCarlson · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    Hey @Mindy Jensen . Sorry for the delay. Yes, I know about Longmont, but had a hard time tracking down the response I received from them. Here it is: "Renting a residence for less than 30 days is not allowed under our current code. This is explicit for accessory buildings (like a mother-in-law suite) and indirectly for primary residences by our use regulations."

    That same zoning official did tell me that they're looking at short-term rentals for their code update but he wasn't the one with more info on that. Your question prompted me again, and I reached out to the person at Longmont who should have more insight into what the city plans to do. When I hear back from him, I'll let you know. 

  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    9y
  • Investor · Arvada, CO · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    James Carlson when will you be having another one of these meetings. I would like to attend.
  • Real Estate Agent · Colorado | stan.store/JamesCarlson · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    @Damian Solorzano. I just posted the next edition. It's on April 26 at the same place. You can see it listed in the Denver events section. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.