Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. There may be pitching of products, services or properties at this event!
There are only 2 ways to make money. You either work for your money or your money works for you.
Wealth is not determined by how much money you make but by how much you keep and what you do with it. Net worth is the accumulation of assets (things that can retain or gain value - cash, gold, real estate, stocks, investments, businesses, etc.) minus liabilities (things that depreciate or loses value, expenses, maintenance, & spending). According to Robert Kiyosaki, author of bestselling "Rich Dad Poor Dad," true wealth is measured by the number of days the income from your assets that will sustain you. The longer you can live without working, the wealthier you are.
You can become financially independent by learning how to produce enough passive income to exceed your total expenses. By having more passive income than expenses, you are freeing time from working for money to having more time to spend with your family, or do the things you're passionate about and live the life of your dreams. You can achieve this by learning how to play Cashflow 101.
Cashflow 101 is an educational board game that teaches people how to raise their financial I.Q. quickly & easily, what the rich teach their kids about money, and how anyone can become rich and financially free even on a small salary.
If you continue doing what you've always been doing and do not change or do anything outside of your job, it will be difficult to be free. Your bills and expenses will continue to increase and never go away. You will remain in the rat race running in circles for the rest of your life. All you will ever do is work to pay bills until you decide to make a change in your life to do something different. Instead of spending everything you make, learn to save and leverage your money to work for you.
Invest your time and increase your financial knowledge. Come and learn to play the Cashflow game by Robert T. Kiyosaki. Through playing this game, you will learn to craft a financial strategy to get out of the “Rat Race” using real estate, business and the stock market. This game serves as a tool for learning the basic financial strategies you were never taught. Stir up your thinking about what actions to take in order to truly be financially free.
Whether you are a seasoned investor/business owner or brand new to investing, play this game and learn how a fun, educational board game can change your life and the lives of those who play.
Join us and have fun learning how to "get out of the rat race". Be sure to bring a calculator and pencil!
Lender · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2017 · 658 posts · 626 votes
7y
I played the Cashflow game 50 times back in the 2000s (mostly Cashflow 101, but some Cashflow 202). I'm glad I did. Although it's counter-intuitive, I discovered that people in lower-paying professions have an easier time getting out of the rat race with passive income (generally speaking) than people in higher-paying professions do.
Realtor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2015 · 318 posts · 154 votes
7y
Such a good idea. I have this game, but need people to play it with. I can't make it that night. Please let me know if you host it again on another night. I would love to try it out.
Property Manager · Boston, MA · Member since 2014 · 194 posts · 73 votes
7y
Being from Dorchester ma and a neighborhood where the only education people say they ever got was from the school of hard-knocks makes it impossible for them to be open minded let alone have common sense to play this game. I have to venture far away where my girlfriend lives in New Hampshire to play with her banker friends and its pretty interesting to say the least and thank god those bankers can understand the instruction. will love to meet people in a 50 mile radius of Boston to play with. keep me in mind if you guys do decide..
Lender · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2017 · 658 posts · 626 votes
7y
I played the Cashflow game 50 times back in the 2000s (mostly Cashflow 101, but some Cashflow 202). I'm glad I did. Although it's counter-intuitive, I discovered that people in lower-paying professions have an easier time getting out of the rat race with passive income (generally speaking) than people in higher-paying professions do.
New to Real Estate · Marietta, GA · Member since 2018 · 169 posts · 40 votes
7y
I live in New Hampshire. Have never played the game, just read the book. Would definitely be interested if something comes up in the area.
posted by @Account Closed:
Being from Dorchester ma and a neighborhood where the only education people say they ever got was from the school of hard-knocks makes it impossible for them to be open minded let alone have common sense to play this game. I have to venture far away where my girlfriend lives in New Hampshire to play with her banker friends and its pretty interesting to say the least and thank god those bankers can understand the instruction. will love to meet people in a 50 mile radius of Boston to play with. keep me in mind if you guys do decide..