McAllen Investor Meet Up

McAllen Investor Meet Up

When:

Where:Buffalo Wild Wings, 4424 N 10th St McAllen, Texas 78504

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Mcallen, TX · Member since 2017 · 92 posts · 72 votes

Finally its here by popular demand!

RGV BP members will be meeting to discuss all things real estate investing. Bring your deals, challenges, questions. We hope to have several experts from different areas in real estate present: flipping, rentals, wholesaling etc. Please invite friends, family, and fellow investors. 

This is an introductory meeting. Our goal is for locals investors to connect and establish a growing group, where we can help one another. We welcome suggestions and any assistance from you all. 

We will not be selling any products/services/courses. And we ask that anyone who attends honors this as well. 




5Reply
89 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · McAllen Texas · Member since 2018 · 188 posts · 186 votes
6y

Whats up Everyone! I have our meet up set for tonight at BWW on North 10th street in McAllen. I'll be there at 6:30 to set up. We will be in the back patio area. Itinerary for the night will be as follows:

7-7:45 - Registration and meet and greet. Order food and drinks.

7:45-8:30 - 2020 goal setting and planning workshop

8:30-TBD - Stay as long as you want. Network and build relationships. Pitch deals. 

Things to bring:

- Business cards: We will have a business card drawing and a couple of giveaway items.

- Something to take notes with

- Cash if you plan to eat or have drinks

Looking forward to seeing you all there. I'll have a registration table and some name tags when you arrive

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · McAllen Texas · Member since 2018 · 188 posts · 186 votes
    6y

    Awesome! An idea I had that might add some value for everyone after the initial pleasantries was a 30 minute goal setting and planning mastermind. My company has an awesome goal setting guide that I could blow through pretty quickly. What do you think?

  • Brian SimpsonPro Member
    Grandview, TX · Member since 2017 · 143 posts · 79 votes
    6y

    Looking forward to it

  • Mcallen, TX · Member since 2017 · 92 posts · 72 votes
    6y

    @Boone Tyson that sounds great!

  • Mcallen, TX · Member since 2019 · 55 posts · 41 votes
    6y

    @Boone Tyson Goal setting and planning right before New Year's sounds great! ;)

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    @Boone Tyson wish Monique and I could make it out to this one. You should skype us in or something lol 

  • Real Estate Agent · McAllen Texas · Member since 2018 · 188 posts · 186 votes
    6y

    @Matt Davis I can do that.

    I'll get the business planning stuff lined up!

  • Rental Property Investor · Lyford, TX · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 18 votes
    6y

    @Erik Orozco sounds good. Hope it’s a success and we have a good group.

  • Laredo, TX · Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    Good afternoon friends, just wondering if there is a local Facebook group that you guys are a part of? Im part of a few, but they seem pretty slow, not a ton of activity going on. Look forward to seeing you guys at the REI meet.

    Best Regards, 

    Jonathan Flores

  • South Padre Island, TX · Member since 2018 · 81 posts · 69 votes
    6y

    We still on for tonight? Looking forward to meeting everyone! 

  • Mcallen, TX · Member since 2017 · 92 posts · 72 votes
    6y

    Yes we are still on for tonight @Jake F.!  Everyone is welcome and bring a friend!

  • Real Estate Agent · McAllen Texas · Member since 2018 · 188 posts · 186 votes
    6y

    Whats up Everyone! I have our meet up set for tonight at BWW on North 10th street in McAllen. I'll be there at 6:30 to set up. We will be in the back patio area. Itinerary for the night will be as follows:

    7-7:45 - Registration and meet and greet. Order food and drinks.

    7:45-8:30 - 2020 goal setting and planning workshop

    8:30-TBD - Stay as long as you want. Network and build relationships. Pitch deals. 

    Things to bring:

    - Business cards: We will have a business card drawing and a couple of giveaway items.

    - Something to take notes with

    - Cash if you plan to eat or have drinks

    Looking forward to seeing you all there. I'll have a registration table and some name tags when you arrive

  • South Padre Island, TX · Member since 2018 · 81 posts · 69 votes
    6y

    Any thoughts on the next meet up? I'm hoping we make this a monthly event! 

  • Mcallen, TX · Member since 2019 · 55 posts · 41 votes
    6y

    @Erik Orozco @Boone Tyson @Jake F. I'm looking forward to our next meet up also. I'm hoping we can set something up for January and hopefully we can make it a monthly thing. Perhaps the second or third Monday of every month?

  • Mcallen, TX · Member since 2019 · 55 posts · 41 votes
    6y

    @Jonathan Flores I'm also interested in your question about any good local facebook groups about real estate. Any luck finding good groups? 

  • Real Estate Agent · mcallen, TX · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    Any January meetings?

  • Real Estate Agent · McAllen Texas · Member since 2018 · 188 posts · 186 votes
    6y

    @Joseph Ryan @Erik Orozco let’s aim at either that that second or third Tuesday.

  • Mcallen, TX · Member since 2017 · 92 posts · 72 votes
    6y

    Yes Boone and I will iron out all the details a make a new post for January’s meeting! 

  • Mcallen, TX · Member since 2019 · 55 posts · 41 votes
    6y

    @Jonathan Flores BiggerPockets Fans FB groups is a group that I joined last night and I am really enjoying it so far. Last night, I also joined RGV real estate FB group (seems like just a bunch of selling) and Real Estate Investors of Texas FB group which seems pretty promising. I hope that helps and I am looking forward to our next meeting!

  • Laredo, TX · Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @Joseph Ryan im part of the bigger pockets fb group and I agree tons of great posts on there. There is one group that seems to have some legitimate REI, its called RGV Real Estate Investors might want to join that one. Im thinking about creating a fb group for the Rei that go to our monthly meeting, might be a good place to bounce ideas of each other, post deals and connect.

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Erik Orozco

    Hi Erik. When and where is the next meet up?

  • Mcallen, TX · Member since 2017 · 92 posts · 72 votes
    6y

    @Abiel De la Torre the next meet up is next tuesday the 10th! Look for the post under events in your area as the details will be given today. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Mcallen, TX · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Boone Tyson

    Thank you for hosting to night great meet up and a lot of information 👍

  • Real Estate Agent · McAllen Texas · Member since 2018 · 188 posts · 186 votes
    6y

    @Vicente Perez thanks man! Looking forward to seeing you at the next one.

  • Real Estate Agent · McAllen Texas · Member since 2018 · 188 posts · 186 votes
    5y

    Hey everyone. Happy Holidays! Let's get together this month for a McAllen, TX investor meet up. I'm thinking either Roosevelts or Copper Moon since they both have outdoor seating. How does Tuesday Dec. 15th at 6:30 work for everyone? No agenda. Just an opportunity to network together!

  • South Padre Island, TX · Member since 2018 · 81 posts · 69 votes
    5y

    Sounds good. It's been a long time coming!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.