Group discussion --> investing in Northern NJ

Group discussion --> investing in Northern NJ

When:

Where:Bwe Cafe, 140 River Dr S Jersey City, New Jersey 07310

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Real Estate Agent · Minneapolis · Member since 2019 · 338 posts · 219 votes

Instead of listening to a presentation, the meetup will be an active, small group discussion about the market in NJ. Some of the topics on the agenda include: 

⁃ A discussion of return on investment by city/neighborhood
⁃ Analysis of a few specific properties and group discussion of whether the property is “a good deal”
⁃ Discussion of the pros/cons of various funding methods
⁃ Whatever else you’d like to discuss

0Reply
90 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Glen Rock, NJ · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
6y

@Farrukh Amini check it out.

See this reply in the discussion

18 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Minneapolis · Member since 2019 · 338 posts · 219 votes
    6y

    Hi everyone!

    I’ve been a casual reader and podcast listener for years, and I’ve recently become more active and upgraded to pro because I am planning on house hacking a multi-family in Northern New Jersey sometime in the next few months.

    I’ve seen a lot of conversation about Northern New Jersey on the forums these past few years, specifically about people in Hoboken and Jersey City wanting to get together to talk real estate, and I am posting today in regards to a low-key meetup I am organizing this Sunday afternoon.

    Instead of listening to a presentation, the meetup will be an active, small group discussion about the market in NJ. Some of the topics on the agenda include:

    • - A discussion of return on investment by city/neighborhood
    • - Analysis of a few specific properties and group discussion of whether the property is “a good deal”
    • - Discussion of the pros/cons of various funding methods
    • - Whatever else you’d like to discuss


    PM me if you have any questions and I hope to see you there!

  • Rental Property Investor · Northern NJ · Member since 2019 · 673 posts · 677 votes
    6y

    @Tom Wagner Would this be a monthly thing? I cant make this Sunday but I'm in the area and would love to join the next one. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Minneapolis · Member since 2019 · 338 posts · 219 votes
    6y

    Yes! We can definitely make a more regular occurrence.

    I'll schedule one for January with much more notice, but wanted to squeeze in a quick/informal event before the holidays.

    Bwe Kafe will be great for the anticipated 5-15 people that are able to attend on Sunday, but would be tough for a much larger group than that. If anyone has any ideas on a location in Hoboken or Jersey City for future meetups/discussions feel free to post or PM!

  • Rental Property Investor · Glen Rock, NJ · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Farrukh Amini check it out.

  • Rental Property Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2018 · 176 posts · 80 votes
    6y

    This is great! I’ve been wanting to organize something like this in JC for a long time. 
    I have other commitments this Sunday but would love to attend in the future. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Minneapolis · Member since 2019 · 338 posts · 219 votes
    6y

    For those coming tomorrow, a few topics we plan on discussing include:

    - Investing for cash flow vs investing for appreciation, and how that trade off relates to the NJ market

    - Discussion/evaluation of some specific deals/properties

    If you have any properties you'd like to evaluate as a group please PM or post here. And if you'd like to discuss anything specific please let me know as well!

  • Hoboken, NJ · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    I’ll see you guys there, looking forward to meeting everyone. 

    Jonathan 

  • Real Estate Agent · Minneapolis · Member since 2019 · 338 posts · 219 votes
    6y

    For those coming, I'll be wearing a grey patagonia sweatshirt and may have my macbook with me. PM if you can't find me or the group.

    And regarding content, it is an open forum so if there is anything specific you'd like to discuss we can definitely touch on anything related to real estate investing. I figured we could start by asking what topics people would like to talk about, take a quick poll of the group, then timebox the conversations to 15-20 minutes per topic.

    Looking forward to seeing everyone this afternoon!

  • Real Estate Agent · Minneapolis · Member since 2019 · 338 posts · 219 votes
    6y

    Three of us here now — set up in the corner of the coffee shop!

  • Clifton, NJ · Member since 2019 · 58 posts · 27 votes
    6y

    I missed the meet-up but would love to check out the next one.  I'm in Clifton, NJ.  

  • William KwongPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2015 · 110 posts · 53 votes
    6y

    HI Guys, apologies for my late responses. I could not make it either. Tom thanks for reaching out and I will definitely make myself available for the next one if we decide to do another one.

    Really appreciate it!

  • Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Tom Wagner Hi, will there be another one of these meet ups?

  • Real Estate Agent · Minneapolis · Member since 2019 · 338 posts · 219 votes
    6y

    Hi @Saddiq Saddiq -- yes! I am hoping to organize for January 12th. Trying to track down the best place to host and will follow up in the coming days.

  • Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Thanks for the update ! Is there anything I can do to help? 

  • Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Tom Wagner Thanks for the update! Is there anything I can do to help?

  • Real Estate Agent · Minneapolis · Member since 2019 · 338 posts · 219 votes
    6y

    FYI all --> I checked out two possible locations to host another meetup on 1/12, but neither is large enough.

    I'll be out of town for 10 days at the end of January, so I am now targeting 2/2 or 2/9. If anyone has ideas for where to host please let me know!

  • Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Tom Wagner interested please let me know

  • Real Estate Agent · Minneapolis · Member since 2019 · 338 posts · 219 votes
    6y

    Main blocker on round 2 is a location to host -- anyone have ideas?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.