Local Meet Up for Milwaukee Members

Local Meet Up for Milwaukee Members

Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes

Hello Everyone!

In today's newsletter Brandon put it out there that maybe we should set up a local BiggerPockets Real Estate Meetup and I thought that, that was a FABULOUS idea!

I have looked into REIA meeting times and most of the time I cannot make them, because I work full time, so this would be a great alternative.

Please let me know asap if you would be interested and what days and times work best for you and then I will figure out the when and where.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

Nicole

1Reply
632 views

Most Popular Reply

Dawn AnastasiPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
13y

I agree -- this was an awesome meetup! I really enjoyed meeting everyone there, and liked the introductions by everyone and what real estate investing they have done and where they plan to go. I also learned that Scooby Doo is a favorite of more than one person in the group!

See this reply in the discussion

158 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dawn AnastasiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    13y

    Nicole,

    Yes, I also work during the day and most often on weekends, so it's hard for me to make a lot of groups.

    What days are best? Week nights, maybe 6:30 pm or later, but not on Tuesdays or Fridays.

  • Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 19 posts · 4 votes
    13y

    That's a great idea! I also work normal business hours and agree with Dawn that week nights are best. I have a monthly board meeting the Thursday if every month, but other than that, I could probably shuffle things around to get together with local Milwaukee area investors.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes
    13y

    Dawn A. & Derek Steinmetz Weeknights is great for me as well...how about Wednesdays? I'm thinking once a month?

    Hopefully we will get some more responses this week, however Wednesday is looking good so far.

    Talk to you soon!

  • Investor · Wichita Falls, TX · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 603 votes
    13y

    Maybe we can do a meetup when I visit Milwaukee in September!

    By the way, moved this post to the right sub-forum.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes
    13y

    Mehran Kamari...sounds good!

    And thank you...forgot about those sub-forums.

  • Lender · Davis, CA · Member since 2013 · 21 posts · 1 vote
    13y

    I can't promise a good time for me. I am commuting from madison, but would try to make what times work for others when I can. Keep me posted.

  • Dave CarpenterPro Member
    Investor · Cedarburg, WI · Member since 2013 · 439 posts · 150 votes
    13y

    I agree weeknights 6pm or later work best for me. Monday are not good for me usually.As for location, I vote somewhere near Bayshore mall (near where I work)!

    Jonathan Orkin this might be a great fit for you too!

  • Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2013 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Hey thanks for tagging me in this post. I would definitely love to do meetings. Monday nights are the worst for me. I'm never available. Any other weeknight I could make time.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes
    13y

    Dawn A., Derek Steinmetz, Evan G., Dave Carpenter, Jonathan Orkin, Mehran Kamari

    Alrighty, the consensus so far is NO MONDAYS & after 6. I'm thinking Wed or maybe Thurs around 6:30 - 7, somewhere in BayShore...maybe Bar Louie's? Or is there a better place to meet.

    As for date, I was thinking towards the end of the month...Aug 21st or 28th.

    Also, if you guys are colleagues with other Milwaukee members, please contact them, so we can get a bigger group together.

    Thank you!

    Nicole P

  • Dave CarpenterPro Member
    Investor · Cedarburg, WI · Member since 2013 · 439 posts · 150 votes
    13y

    I vote August 28th at 6pm at Bar Louie at Bayshore Mall.

  • Hales Corners, WI · Member since 2013 · 229 posts · 80 votes
    13y

    Hi Everybody,

    I'd be interested in meeting up if the date works. I usually am teaching classes on Monday and Wednesday nights. (However, I'm on break at the end of August and early Sept.) I'll follow the thread to see what you decide. --Karen

  • Hales Corners, WI · Member since 2013 · 229 posts · 80 votes
    13y

    How do I tag people? Kay Mays, Jenkins Ramon

    J Scott if you're in town?

  • Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2013 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    The 28th works for me at Bayshore!

  • Sheboygan, WI · Member since 2013 · 107 posts · 18 votes
    13y

    Nicole Pettis I was wondering if something like this would pop up.

    Thursdays would be best for my wife and I, but I would try hard to make any day that works best for everyone.

    Bayshore is a good spot, easy to find for anyone who is unfamiliar with the area.

  • Investor · Wichita Falls, TX · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 603 votes
    13y

    I'm not in town until September 18-24ish. :) Sounds like you guys will have a great meetup though!

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    13y

    Thank You Karen Mikolainis

    I just been sitting back waiting to see
    how things pan out with this thread

    I work night shift ( 2nd shift )

    Whatever day or time I would just schedule vacation time off

    Otherwise: open typically every weekend

  • Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2009 · 203 posts · 50 votes
    13y

    Great idea, and finally I get to respond.
    Would be interested in meeting up. Currently Wednesdays might not work for me, but may after September or so.
    Otherwise it's a hit or miss right now, and I might not know until the day before and may have to join later. 6 or later should be good.

    Don't know Bar Louie , but Bayshore kinda works for me. The place should have some munchies :)

  • Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes
    13y

    Dave Carpenter & Jonathan Orkin would you guys be open to Thursday the 29th of August? It seems more people can make it on a thursday. Same place, same time...thoughts?

    Mehran Kamari I was going to propose to do this monthly or every other month, whatever works best for everyone. So if you can give me a solid date when you would be in town, we can go ahead and schedule the September one as well.

    @Uwe K...Bar Louie is @ BayShore Mall in the main part. Can't miss it!

    So excited!!

  • Real Estate Investor · Waukegan, IL · Member since 2013 · 367 posts · 80 votes
    13y

    Nicole Pettis
    I'm not in Milwaukee or even WI, but I'm right on the border (Waukegan, IL to be specific) and I'd love to be apart. I, like most of you work full time and any day after 5p I'm good with. Looking forward to see where this goes.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes
    13y

    Arthur Banks..absolutely!! You can come join the party! I'm sure with us being so close to IL, that some would be interested in investing in that area as well. And networking is networking..so welcome aboard!

  • Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2013 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Yes- the 29th of August works for me.

  • Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2012 · 39 posts · 5 votes
    13y

    Karen Mikolainis thank you for tagging me!!!

    This sounds like a great idea and I am definitely interested in meeting with my fellow BP members!!!

  • Dave CarpenterPro Member
    Investor · Cedarburg, WI · Member since 2013 · 439 posts · 150 votes
    13y

    August 29th works for me!

  • Sheboygan, WI · Member since 2013 · 107 posts · 18 votes
    13y

    I'm very excited for this. Should be a good time and I'm sure everyone will be able to learn from each other.

  • Dawn AnastasiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    13y

    Awesome! I can make August 29th at 6 pm in Bayshore!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.