Local Meet Up for Milwaukee Members

Local Meet Up for Milwaukee Members

Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes

Hello Everyone!

In today's newsletter Brandon put it out there that maybe we should set up a local BiggerPockets Real Estate Meetup and I thought that, that was a FABULOUS idea!

I have looked into REIA meeting times and most of the time I cannot make them, because I work full time, so this would be a great alternative.

Please let me know asap if you would be interested and what days and times work best for you and then I will figure out the when and where.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

Nicole

1Reply
693 views

Most Popular Reply

Dawn AnastasiPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
13y

I agree -- this was an awesome meetup! I really enjoyed meeting everyone there, and liked the introductions by everyone and what real estate investing they have done and where they plan to go. I also learned that Scooby Doo is a favorite of more than one person in the group!

See this reply in the discussion

158 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    13y

    Coincidentally, Marty Boardman and I will likely both be in town on August 29...if so, we're in...

  • Sheboygan, WI · Member since 2013 · 107 posts · 18 votes
    13y
    Wow, even more to look forward to
  • Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes
    13y

    Dave Carpenter, Dawn A., Derek Steinmetz, Evan G., Jonathan Orkin, Arthur Banks, Karen Mikolainis, Kay Mays, Steve Foth, Jenkins Ramon, Uwe K., J Scott, Mehran Kamari

    This is pretty awesome everyone! We are getting a great group together, I am very excited about this!

    So it seems the agreed upon date and time will be Thursday, August 29th @ Bar Louie's in Bayshore Mall @ 6:30.

    I would really love to send out an evite or calendar reminder, so if you would like, please PM me your email address. I promise I won't sell it to anyone:)

    Thank you everyone and I look forward to meeting you all!

    Nicole

  • Waukesha, WI · Member since 2013 · 87 posts · 6 votes
    13y

    Have been following this discussion closely and would love to join I do work late most days but this would be must so Aug the 29th sounds great and I look forward to meeting everyone

  • Investor · Wichita Falls, TX · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 603 votes
    13y

    Nicole Pettis Just confirmed my visit to Milwaukee :)
    Flying in on 9/18 and Flying out on 9/23.

  • Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 384 posts · 109 votes
    13y

    I will try to make this. Great idea, thanks for planning it @Nicole Pettis

  • Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes
    13y

    Mehran Kamari...fantastic! I will see if I can get the next one on the schedule!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes
    13y

    Dan C. Hope you can...it looks like we will have a good group. Its August 29th @ 6:30 @ Bar Louie in BayShore Mall

  • Dave CarpenterPro Member
    Investor · Cedarburg, WI · Member since 2013 · 439 posts · 150 votes
    13y

    I'm looking forward to it! Do we want to talk about a loose agenda? Maybe a couple topics people are interested in?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes
    13y

    @Dave Carpenter We can! Absolutely, I am not sure if you got the evite? But this what I added to it..

    Hello Everyone!


    Here is the official evite for our local BP meetup meeting. As you know the purpose of this local meet up is to get to know one another, network and to build a strong community.

    If this group grows and we want to do more than meeting at our local bar, we can discuss those ideas as well. Whether its talking about marketing or how to find deals, or whatever we want to discuss or learn about, I am open to it.

    Please rsvp by August 22nd, so I can contact Bar Louie to reserve us a spot. Also, feel free to invite others.

    If you have any questions, please let me know.

    I think the biggest thing I would like to learn about is how to transition from 9-5 to doing REI full time and funding. However I figured since this was our first meetup we would keep it casual and see where the conversations go, maybe learn a little about each other, if we don't already know. And talk about goals and such.

    Thoughts?

  • Dave CarpenterPro Member
    Investor · Cedarburg, WI · Member since 2013 · 439 posts · 150 votes
    13y

    @Nicole Pettis

    I had meant to send you a pm with my email, but must have gotten sidetracked. I think that sounds perfect. I am in the same boat as you with a goal of full time RE Investing down the road.

    I am in! See you on the 29th.

  • Dawn AnastasiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    13y

    @Nicole Pettis can you send me an Evite too?

  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    13y

    @Nicole Pettis - Feel free to add me to the attendee list...I'm planning on being in town that day. Unfortunately, Marty is leaving that afternoon and won't be able to make it...

  • Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes
    13y

    @Dawn Anastasi I sent you a PM:)

    @J Scott will do!

    Very excited to meet everyone.

    Have a great day!

  • Waukesha, WI · Member since 2013 · 87 posts · 6 votes
    13y
    Evite me to please
  • Realtor · Milwaukee · Member since 2013 · 60 posts · 10 votes
    13y

    @nicole pettis, can you add me to the evite? Recently joined BP, glad to get to this event!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes
    13y

    Below is a flyer for the Local Milwaukee Meetup! Please PM me if you are interested! Thank you!

  • Real Estate Investor · Waukegan, IL · Member since 2013 · 367 posts · 80 votes
    13y

    Looks good! Can't wait to meet everyone.

  • Dave CarpenterPro Member
    Investor · Cedarburg, WI · Member since 2013 · 439 posts · 150 votes
    13y

    @Nicole Pettis - this pretty much makes us official!! Very nice design work too.

  • Contractor · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2012 · 351 posts · 196 votes
    13y

    Hi Nicole!

    If you're looking for a head count, my brother Rick F who has been a contractor in Milwaukee for 35 years, will attend. Ill be moving down so look forward to meeting everyone should you schedule a meetup for late November. How exciting! Nice job on the flyer btw!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes
    13y

    @Randy F. Awesome! Look forward to meeting him!

    At this meet up I am going to ask if everyone wants to do a monthly or bi-monthly meeting. However we will be meeting in September, because we have some people coming into town.

    Thank you!

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    13y

    @Nicole Pettis - my vote will be bi-monthly

  • Real Estate Investor · Waukegan, IL · Member since 2013 · 367 posts · 80 votes
    13y

    Co-sign. Bi-monthly.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes
    13y

    @Dave Carpenter @Arthur Banks @Ramon Jenkins @Derek Steinmetz @Evan G. @Jonathan Orkin @Steve Foth@Karen M. @Kay Mays @J Scott @Zechariah Evans @Dan C. @Randy F. @Andrew J.

    Hello! Just sending out a reminder for the meet up tonight at 6:30 at Bar Louie in Bayshore Mall. So we can meet and greet and discuss how we would like to proceed with these meetings(i.e what would we like to learn, discuss & all of that fun stuff)

    Looking forward to meeting everyone!

    P.S Please include anyone that I may have missed. The more the merrier:)

  • Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 384 posts · 109 votes
    13y

    @Nicole Pettis I'm so bummed but I may not be able to make it tonight. I hope this can become a regular event. Thanks again, you did a great job putting this together.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.