• Investor
  • Pasadena, MD
Votes |
First Investment Property Under Contract in Maryland

James Bowerman
  • Investor
  • Pasadena, MD
Posted Oct 6 2015, 05:57

After several months of preparation and searching I've finally got my first property under contract. My goal is to rehab and flip the property within 3 months. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Here are the particulars:

Property is a 3/2 rancher, just under 1400sq/ft, located in Pasadena, MD. The house is in Anne Arundel County, in a water accessible community, and in a good school district. It is a HUD property and was listed at $171k on HUDHomestore.com. I offered $150k with the help of my real estate agent, which was accepted. A $1k earnest money has been deposited in escrow.

Estimated ARV is $250-275k and repairs $35-45k depending on rehab and product. I'm working with a hard money lender who will loan 100% of acquisition at 15% and 4 points, interest only. The rehab will be paid for through seed capital I've acquired through credit card stacking.

I'm set to have the property inspected on Thursday (10/8) at which point I'll put together a final SOW. I've already had one contractor look at the property and I'll be scheduling at least two more after the inspection is complete.

Scheduled closing date is 10/28, but I have until the 16th to back out if the inspection is not satisfactory. Thoughts and concerns?

Loading replies...