• Saint Michael, MN
Votes |
A year in review, 365 days since joining BP

Jacob Seaquist
  • Investor
  • Saint Michael, MN
Posted Dec 26 2015, 20:45

BP,

Today marks one year since I created my bigger pockets account! I spent the next 365 days enveloped in growing my real estate business. 

This is just a short summary of my activities from the past year and my goals for next year! 

Upon joining BP I only owned one rental property. Since I have doubled this buying my second property with my Roth IRA (20% down, trad. financing) in July. I signed a great long term tenant and have been cash flowing over 300 dollars per month!

And now In the past two weeks I have a purchase agreement signed for our third rental that should close in February and will cash flow close to or better than our July purchase! Both of these rentals are in the central Minnesota market! 

That's the exciting stuff! 

Since, I've also listened to every podcast on BP, some several times. Josh and Brandon are so funny....  I've read, mostly, The one thing and J Scott's book on Estimating rehab costs. I've driven over 100 miles "for dollars", I've spoken to several lenders, using two. I've seen dozens of homes, I've ran almost hundred deals through paper math, on excel, and a few dozen through BPs rental calculator. 

I still have my full time job as a manager at a major retailer. I watched my daughter turn one and spent a ton of time with family. I've spent even more time explaining my plans and goals to my wife about real estate, p.s. she's just as excited!!

In the next year my goals are to close number 3, and buy two more at least!

I owe so much of my growth in real estate to BP and the countless resources provided here for free! Thank you BP. I hope others can use this to take steps to reach their goals!

Loading replies...