investment property in pinellas county Florida

4 Replies

I want to buy a SFH as a 1031 exchange in Pinellas county. I was told that Bellair does not allow any rental shorter than 7 months. Any city that will allow shorter leases? I am ok with minimum 30 days and occasional shorter rentals, as i would want to use the property myself part of the year. I am from out of state

You are correct that Belleair does not allow anything less than 7 months. I have seen the best returns in Largo and unincorporated Pinellas county areas of Seminole and St Pete. Clearwater and St Pete allow minimum 30 days.

@Ylan Tran , @Dan Maciejewski hit it on the head.  Each community treats is different but most cities allow the 30 day minimum.  However, there's a whole bunch of beach communities like St. Pete Beach, Madeira, The Redingtons, and Indian Shores/Indian Rocks Beach where the minimum term of rental can vary from block to block within the same community.  I'll bet Dan can wade through that with you.

Originally posted by @Dave Foster :

@Ylan Tran , @Dan Maciejewski hit it on the head.  Each community treats is different but most cities allow the 30 day minimum.  However, there's a whole bunch of beach communities like St. Pete Beach, Madeira, The Redingtons, and Indian Shores/Indian Rocks Beach where the minimum term of rental can vary from block to block within the same community.  I'll bet Dan can wade through that with you.

I sure can!  It can be frustrating sometimes.  I'm always here to answer questions.

p.s. I just closed a 1031 that Dave was the QI for.  Ezelle for Pointsource!