Looking for property managers & contractors in Huntsville, AL

11 Replies

I'm a real estate investor from Atlanta, GA and am looking for property managers & contractors in the Huntsville, AL area.  Any good recommendations?  

I would highly recommend Astro Property Management located in downtown Huntsville. These guys take care of all my rentals, and I can not stress enough how professional, efficient, and trustworthy they are. Two of the owners are members here at BiggerPockets, and you can check out their website at https://astropropertymanagement.com/

@Zachary C.

@Allison Cole

Thanks @James Gates .  I reached out to them this morning.  Looking forward to speaking with them.  Do you also use them for rehab work or separate contractor?  Also, I just began investing in Huntsville.  Any areas you would recommend/discourage for rentals?

@Jonathan Spaeth

I am an investor here in Huntsville.  I have talked with @Zachary C. with Astro Property Managment at one of the REIA meetings here. They know the market very well.

Most of Huntsville is good for rentals as their is not much crime in the area as compared to many cities in the south around the same size.  As far as areas to invest, I personally put my money to work in 35805 and 35758.

I own 4 LTR in Huntsville/Madison and I recommend Carolyn Dietrich with Dietrich and Associates. She has helped with finding great investments and managing them for me for years now. The area is always expanding.  

Originally posted by @Tim White :

@Jonathan Spaeth

I am an investor here in Huntsville.  I have talked with @Zachary C. with Astro Property Managment at one of the REIA meetings here. They know the market very well.

Most of Huntsville is good for rentals as their is not much crime in the area as compared to many cities in the south around the same size.  As far as areas to invest, I personally put my money to work in 35805 and 35758.

Hey Tim,

What areas of 35805 have been working well for you? Seems that is a low income area. I had it on my list and scratched it off lol.

I'd stay away from 35805 if you do not know Huntsville well or do not have a strong team here helping you.  There are pockets of 35805 that you can definitely find good properties and positive cash flow.  However, a few streets over and you may end up in a money pit with poor rental prospects.  

On 35805, I'd say that at least the areas between Lowe Mill and the 805 district campus, and the new development going up just down the road on governors, that small area has taken it from sketchy to cool.  Would I feel comfortable wandering outside of those few areas?  No.  But I would not be surprised if that whole area starts transforming into hipster central.  

@Erin Elam

I have primarily been investing in the Mill District.  It is definitely a working class area although it has been transitioning as of late with the new construction near Lowe Mill, Campus 805, and the Stove House.  My properties there have been pretty stable with very little turn over although I would highly suggest doing a thorough tenant selection as with any rental.  

If you want a safer bet but with out much cash flow stick to the areas with the best school districts.  35758, 35801, and 35803.  Its starting to see more appreciation in those areas.

I am happy to offer my assistance. I am a licensed Real Estate Agent/Owner in Huntsville. We are also provide Property Management.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here