Skip to content
California Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Virgilio Mateo
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
Know any Sacramento General Contractors?

Virgilio Mateo
  • San Francisco, CA
Posted Sep 11 2017, 13:09

Hello Bigger Pockets. My business partner and I just bought a Single Family home in Sacramento and are in the process of rehabbing. Wooh our first deal! We are looking for a good General Contractor to help us along, as well as a good roofing company, and possibly sub contractors in flooring and bathroom/kitchen remodel.If any of you Sacramento area investors have any good people or companies that you work with, we would greatly appreciate the reference. Thanks in advance for your time and recommendations.

User Stats

Votes
Jared Rine
Lender
  • Lender
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Sacramento, CA
Replied Sep 11 2017, 13:16

Darrin Pradie -

PRADIE DARRIN CONSTRUCTION- goes by "DP Construction"

SACRAMENTO, CA 95822

He does great work and is reasonable.  PM for #.  They won't let me post.

• Lender California (#01915324) and California (#893462)

United Lending Partners Logo

User Stats

Votes
Becky Rodriguez
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Sep 18 2017, 09:36

Hi! I'm following along on your post because I have a couple of rentals in the Sacramento area and would like to get a couple of contractors contact info as well.

Best of luck!!

Thanks in advance

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Pavan Sandhu
  • Developer
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Sacramento, CA
Replied Oct 7 2017, 18:59

@Virgilio Mateo how's the project coming along?

User Stats

Votes
Paul Choi
  • San Ramon, CA
Votes |
  • San Ramon, CA
Replied Oct 12 2017, 09:58

@Virgilio Mateo Update us! :)

also - curious if anybody can recommend a good roofer and dry rot/termite contractor?  Quick and cheap.  Isn't that what all rehabbers are looking for? LOL!

User Stats

Votes
Virgilio Mateo
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
  • San Francisco, CA
Replied Oct 16 2017, 22:20

Hi BP Community,

Since my initial post on BP stating my search for a Sacramento Contract I have met with about 3 contractors all different in customer service and of course vision on how repairs must be done.

Here is my update @Becky Rodriguez, @Pavan Sandhu, @Paul Choi:  

Please keep in mind this is still my first flip, so I may or may not have approached situations as I should. Well hey! This is all just a learning experience.

Contractor 1: 

He arrived about 10 minutes before me so that was a plus. Prior to the meeting I sent out the Scope of Work we thoroughly composed so contractors had a rough idea of what we were looking for. As I went down the list while walking through the property, the contractor's only response " Yes we can do that for you" for each item . I instantly was turned off after the 10 minute walkthrough we did. It just seemed like we were going through the motions. Is it because he knew I was a novice investor? Aside from all that, this is was a great experience. I know I should of asked a lot more questions so the contractor has an incentive to elaborate on an item. I can't blame the contractor for going through the motions, I would have to get it right the next walkthrough.

Contractor 2:

I started the day feeling like I was a seasoned investor and ready to take on the Real Estate World (this mindset is a must have as a new investor in my opinion). The reason for this morning revelation was due to the night before leading into the next walk through. I sat my behind on the chair and contemplated what I did wrong in the last walk through. I made a list of questions for each item that needed to be rehabbed and planned on asking the contractor if I could record the audio of the  walk through. I don't think many contractors would agree to this but this one did. Instead of waiting for the contractor for suggestions, I took the initiative to ask for his opinions on the items. This contractor new exactly what he was talking about and it felt like he read the list before he met with me. So far from this encounter I recommend this contractor. This contractor maybe what you are looking for. He specializes in jobs doing flips for investors in the area.  Message me for the info.

Contractor 3:

I found this Contractor through Homeadvisor.com. All I did was search Contractors in Sacramento then just called and asked if they help do flips for investors. 

Side note: I particularly liked this website because they targeted more mom and pop type businesses. All scheduling is done through Virtual Assistants overseas but great service. After the meeting is scheduled the Assistant will give the phone number of the owner or main contact of the company to confirm.

Anyway, when this contractor arrived she was attentive and punctual at the meeting. Before we even went into the house she did a quick introduction of what her company is about. As we went down the list she made suggestions to our current items. She explained if we moved forward with their company, the contract will include an electronic 3D model. She stated we would get a chance to move items in the model. For example, like repositioning a peninsula in a kitchen. I don't know about everyone else but I feel like the Real Estate industry is a little behind so when she presented that to me it was very exciting. All technology aside she was very knowledgeable in every aspect of work needed done at the house. Their company specializes in flips and wants to work only with investors due to the consistent volume of jobs. They also due small jobs like roof repair. They do not use subcontractors, all of them are in house, so that was a definite plus. Message me if want the contact information.

Thank you all for reading my little rant on my first walkthroughs as a real estate investor. There will definitely will be more to come. I feel I have made a ton of mistakes but now I feel a lot more confident going forward meeting with contractors. I am meeting one more contractor tomorrow and then will have to make a decision on which contractor bid we will accept. I will let all of you know who we choose and the progression of my first rehab. Maybe next time I will include pictures. Stay tuned!  

User Stats

Votes
Simon Stahl
  • Oakland, CA
Votes |
  • Oakland, CA
Replied Oct 16 2017, 22:31

@Virgilio Mateo you forgot to mention the one that did not even show up for the appointment ;-)

User Stats

Votes
Joe Bertolino
  • Investor
  • El Dorado Hills, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • El Dorado Hills, CA
Replied Oct 16 2017, 22:32

I know several:

High quality work
Fast
Cheap

Pick your two most important and I can give you a better recommendation. You can’t get all 3.

User Stats

Votes
Pavan Sandhu
  • Developer
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Sacramento, CA
Replied Oct 17 2017, 08:37

Good job @Virgilio Mateo ! Yes please keep us posted with your stories and pictures. Hope this flips makes you some mula.

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Xiong
  • Realtor
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Sacramento, CA
Replied Sep 23 2019, 11:30

@Virgilio Mateo Hi! Thank you very much for the update and then information. I’m a little late on this post but I was wondering if you happened to have the 3rd contractors info still. I would love to get in contact with her. I am in Sacramento.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 21 2023, 11:35
Quote from @Virgilio Mateo:

Hi BP Community,

Since my initial post on BP stating my search for a Sacramento Contract I have met with about 3 contractors all different in customer service and of course vision on how repairs must be done.

Here is my update @Becky Rodriguez, @Pavan Sandhu, @Paul Choi:  

Please keep in mind this is still my first flip, so I may or may not have approached situations as I should. Well hey! This is all just a learning experience.

Contractor 1: 

He arrived about 10 minutes before me so that was a plus. Prior to the meeting I sent out the Scope of Work we thoroughly composed so contractors had a rough idea of what we were looking for. As I went down the list while walking through the property, the contractor's only response " Yes we can do that for you" for each item . I instantly was turned off after the 10 minute walkthrough we did. It just seemed like we were going through the motions. Is it because he knew I was a novice investor? Aside from all that, this is was a great experience. I know I should of asked a lot more questions so the contractor has an incentive to elaborate on an item. I can't blame the contractor for going through the motions, I would have to get it right the next walkthrough.

Contractor 2:

I started the day feeling like I was a seasoned investor and ready to take on the Real Estate World (this mindset is a must have as a new investor in my opinion). The reason for this morning revelation was due to the night before leading into the next walk through. I sat my behind on the chair and contemplated what I did wrong in the last walk through. I made a list of questions for each item that needed to be rehabbed and planned on asking the contractor if I could record the audio of the  walk through. I don't think many contractors would agree to this but this one did. Instead of waiting for the contractor for suggestions, I took the initiative to ask for his opinions on the items. This contractor new exactly what he was talking about and it felt like he read the list before he met with me. So far from this encounter I recommend this contractor. This contractor maybe what you are looking for. He specializes in jobs doing flips for investors in the area.  Message me for the info.

Contractor 3:

I found this Contractor through Homeadvisor.com. All I did was search Contractors in Sacramento then just called and asked if they help do flips for investors. 

Side note: I particularly liked this website because they targeted more mom and pop type businesses. All scheduling is done through Virtual Assistants overseas but great service. After the meeting is scheduled the Assistant will give the phone number of the owner or main contact of the company to confirm.

Anyway, when this contractor arrived she was attentive and punctual at the meeting. Before we even went into the house she did a quick introduction of what her company is about. As we went down the list she made suggestions to our current items. She explained if we moved forward with their company, the contract will include an electronic 3D model. She stated we would get a chance to move items in the model. For example, like repositioning a peninsula in a kitchen. I don't know about everyone else but I feel like the Real Estate industry is a little behind so when she presented that to me it was very exciting. All technology aside she was very knowledgeable in every aspect of work needed done at the house. Their company specializes in flips and wants to work only with investors due to the consistent volume of jobs. They also due small jobs like roof repair. They do not use subcontractors, all of them are in house, so that was a definite plus. Message me if want the contact information.

Thank you all for reading my little rant on my first walkthroughs as a real estate investor. There will definitely will be more to come. I feel I have made a ton of mistakes but now I feel a lot more confident going forward meeting with contractors. I am meeting one more contractor tomorrow and then will have to make a decision on which contractor bid we will accept. I will let all of you know who we choose and the progression of my first rehab. Maybe next time I will include pictures. Stay tuned!  

Are you able to send me the contractors you used?