User Stats

Votes
Daniel Graves
Votes |
ADU (Granny Flats) in Los Angeles - Hausable

Daniel Graves
Posted Jun 7 2019, 14:30

Hello,

First post - sorry it took me so long! I'm looking to build an ADU to take advantage of our larger than average plot of land for the area (Torrance). It's been my plan for a while but my wife is now coming around to the idea....

As I've done my research I can see that we should be eligible to build a detached unit which puts us at the 1200 sq ft limit in either single or double story (ours would need to be double as I want to get 2 beds and 1.5 bath min).

During my research I came across this resource Hasauble https://www.hausable.com and I wanted to see if anyone here had used them & if so to what stage in the process?

Is there a better way such as through an architect or engineering office (if so any recommendations)?

Or perhaps I should just start bugging the planning office to see what I can find out direct in the first instance...

Part of our property is sloped & as such I think we'll need some engineering time in order to get the build right (and also I want to add some decking out over the slope for the main house).

The numbers all look good, we should be able to finance it easily enough with a Heloc or similar so now just pondering the best way to jump in!

Thanks for any help,

Dan

Loading replies...