Investment in the Imperial County (Calexico, El Centro)

Investment in the Imperial County (Calexico, El Centro)

New to Real Estate · LOS ANGELES · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 0 votes

Howdy All,

This is my very first post at BP..So, excuse me if I'm posting something has already been discussed!!!     Anyay,  I'm looking to invest in the Imperial Country area, as an alternative to the over-saturated local L.A market . I know a local Agent and she's telling me that the area has potential for higher returns and it's possible to find properties that fall  within the 1% rule.  I have analyzed Economy indicators and data of the region and I don't see a strong employment growth, but given that this area is closer to the Mexican border, there seems to be a steady commercial activity associated to trading  and import/exports of goods all year-round.     Anyone already investing over there than can share some experiences?   I would appreciate any insight from other members in this area.. 

Cheers !

0Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · El Centro, CA - Calexico - San Diego · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 1 vote
6y

Hello Leonel, 

I currently own 4 units in El Centro CA, which is 15 min from the Mexicali border, I've been managing the 4 units my self for the past 2 years and I haven't had any problems finding new tenants. Government Jobs are big in the area, such as Teacher, nurses, police, correctional officers  etc.. also there is a lot of people working in agriculture which is also very big here. I'm currently working on adding more units to my portfolio. I'll be more than happy to give more info. You are free to reach me anytime here.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · El Centro, CA - Calexico - San Diego · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 1 vote
    6y

    Hello Leonel, 

    I currently own 4 units in El Centro CA, which is 15 min from the Mexicali border, I've been managing the 4 units my self for the past 2 years and I haven't had any problems finding new tenants. Government Jobs are big in the area, such as Teacher, nurses, police, correctional officers  etc.. also there is a lot of people working in agriculture which is also very big here. I'm currently working on adding more units to my portfolio. I'll be more than happy to give more info. You are free to reach me anytime here.

  • Jo-Ann LapinPro Member
    Loan Officer · Tustin, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 713 votes
    6y

    I agree with jorge’s experience near the Mexicali border. Kern county and central California are areas you should look into too.

  • Brooke WilsonPro Member
    Realtor · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2017 · 60 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    I live in Bakersfield, my friend was recently looking to move to Imperial. I was helping her look, and I was shocked at how little was available to purchase. Part of the restriction was concern over the school district, as she has 2 kids, but also the lack of new housing available due to the high cost to builders for city fees, water, etc. It was eye opening. We definitely are experiencing fewer properties on the market in Bakersfield due to COVID, but still lots to choose from. 

  • Real Estate Consultant · Glendora, CA · Member since 2019 · 314 posts · 95 votes
    6y

    What part of Kern county do you recommend? @Jo-Ann Lapin

  • Brooke WilsonPro Member
    Realtor · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2017 · 60 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    @Brandon Carlson - Bakersfield is the biggest of cities, with new distribution centers coming in, new construction happening. It's big enough here, too, to have a wide variety to choose from. 

  • Investor · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2015 · 483 posts · 234 votes
    6y

    @Brandon Carlson I would check out Bakersfield because of the growth of population and job opportunities as well as the development over the next few years.  You can see a few of my previous posts to help along with that.  Feel free to PM me if you have any questions as well!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.