• Rental Property Investor
  • Northern, CA
Votes |
California extending eviction moratoriums through end of July

Kyle J.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Northern, CA
Posted Jun 2 2020, 08:07

For those landlords in California, Governor Newsom signed another executive order authorizing local governments to extend current eviction moratoriums two more months, through July 28th.  (His previous executive order expired May 31st.)

So this can be good news or bad news.  If your local governments don't extend their moratoriums, you may be able to resume evictions (provided you don't fall under one of the provisions of the federal eviction moratorium from the CARES Act).  Or your local governments may follow suit with the state and extend the eviction moratoriums through the end of July.  I know cities around me, like Sacramento, have already announced they'll be extending their eviction moratoriums.  

Personally, I don't have a need to do any evictions, but I know a lot of landlords have tenants that aren't paying right now and need to recover possession of their properties.  So hopefully, if you're in that position, you can work something out with your tenants, or your cities start allowing evictions, or you can weather or couple more months of no evictions.  Because it seems like those are now the options.

Loading replies...