New to investing and Connecticut

New to investing and Connecticut

New to Real Estate · Hartford, CT · Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hello everyone,

I am a resident physician interested in getting started in real estate investing. I will finish residency in the summer of 2023 but I would like to get started prior. I am interested in connecting with people from Connecticut- I moved to Hartford and CT a little over a year ago. How do I find out more about the meetups?

I am new to everything and am trying to learn little by little. At first glance, I am perhaps interested in obtaining a physician home loan. My short term goal is learn more and eventually obtain my first rental.

Thanks!

-Andrew

0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · New Hartford, CT · Member since 2016 · 282 posts · 104 votes
5y

I agree with @William Collins I have been to Steph Cabral's meet up. It is the 2nd Tuesday of the month at Hooker brewery in Hartford. Great venue and the people are great also. 2 months ago was a huge turn out, now with the mask mandate going on it seems to have tapered off a bit but still had a great meet up and got to really know some other investors in depth at the last meeting.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bob ReinhardBusiness Member
    Lender · Patterson, NY · Member since 2017 · 488 posts · 186 votes
    5y
    Good day. Events can be found by searching here or the MeetUp site itself.
    I host a monthly MeetUp that alternates along I84 in Danbury or Brewster.
    Feel free to reach out to chat about any questions.
    Some of my contact info is in my profile.
    Much success.
    Bob

  • Real Estate Agent · Westchester County, NY · Member since 2017 · 73 posts · 48 votes
    5y

    Hey Andrew! There are a ton of great markets to own small multi family around Hartford. I would suggest house hacking by owner-occupying a 4 unit and using a 3.5% down FHA loan to start as long as that suits your current lifestyle. Small multifamily properties in this area have good numbers I bring a lot of NY investors up there to purchase properties.

  • Ryan AllisonPro Member
    Investor · Connecticut / Massachusetts · Member since 2019 · 65 posts · 38 votes
    5y

    @Account Closed there's some good meetups around, depends on where you live around Hartford & where you want to invest.    

  • William CollinsPro Member
    Investor · Rocky Hill, CT · Member since 2013 · 373 posts · 299 votes
    5y

    @Account Closed if in the Hartford area. Also check out the CT REIA events in Rocky Hill. Different audience, some overlap, different vibes- go find your tribe.

  • Investor · New Hartford, CT · Member since 2016 · 282 posts · 104 votes
    5y

    I agree with @William Collins I have been to Steph Cabral's meet up. It is the 2nd Tuesday of the month at Hooker brewery in Hartford. Great venue and the people are great also. 2 months ago was a huge turn out, now with the mask mandate going on it seems to have tapered off a bit but still had a great meet up and got to really know some other investors in depth at the last meeting.

  • New to Real Estate · Hartford, CT · Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @William Collins @James McCard thanks a lot for the recommendations. I'll keep an eye out for future meetups!

  • Investor · New Hartford, CT · Member since 2016 · 282 posts · 104 votes
    5y

    If you come to the next one I will buy you the first round!  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.