Lakeland Florida Market- Thoughts?

Lakeland Florida Market- Thoughts?

Specialist · Tampa, FL · Member since 2018 · 96 posts · 40 votes

Hey BP!

I am looking to connect with real estate professionals/investors in Lakeland, Florida. I feel like Lakeland may get lost in the shadow of the Tampa/Orlando markets. I'm located in Tampa, but the margins of the deals I am seeing over in Lakeland makes the area extremely intriguing to me. 

There is a Polk County REIA meeting that I attended last month over in Lakeland that I will definitely attend again.. just looking to get other people's feedback on investing in the Polk County area!

Mike 

2Reply
130 views

Most Popular Reply

Clermont, FL · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 43 votes
8y

From an Orlando-area perspective: I know people who commute all the way from Lakeland specifically because they could get a better deal outside of the Orlando market. If the market remains hot in Orlando I expect Lakeland to appreciate, especially considering the new hiring at Disney every year.

That being said, there are some other factors here. There are a lot of small towns between Orlando and Lakeland (And I imagine between Tampa and Lakeland) that would probably be a first pick for commuters over the midway point of Lakeland. You will probably see appreciation at every point between Tampa and Lakeland before Lakeland.

That being said, I think Lakeland is a nice little town with a stronger economy than other places further from I-4. Their downtown area is set up for growth and there is a lot of variety in the market at a low price range (SFH, MFH, etc)

See this reply in the discussion

34 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 45 posts · 15 votes
    7y

    @Tim Davis I’d love to connect with you about some things you have available as well. What’s the best way to connect with you?

  • Rental Property Investor · Saint Petersburg, FL · Member since 2016 · 32 posts · 32 votes
    6y
    I’m a full time Investor based out of Tampa Bay but am now actively looking in Lakeland area. I am there at least once a week driving the neighborhoods. I love what I see happening to the area. Anyone have a good hard-money lender in Lakeland they recommend? I am also open to partnering on some deals.
  • Investor · Orlando · Member since 2016 · 151 posts · 72 votes
    6y

    Hi @Tim Davis would love to hear what you have available. Can you DM me the details?

  • Investor · Jupiter, FL · Member since 2019 · 54 posts · 20 votes
    6y

    @Adrian Smude

    When’s the next meet up?

  • Rental Property Investor · Plant City, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 379 votes
    6y
    July 2nd at 6:30pm will be the next PCREIA meetup. Find them on Facebook, meetup.com, or the website PCRIEA.com for all the details. The current meetings are on Zoom

    Originally posted by @Kevin Sabatino:

    @Adrian Smude

    When’s the next meet up?

  • Lender · Frisco, TX · Member since 2019 · 546 posts · 270 votes
    6y

    Hey Mike, I'm in the Tampa Bay area as well. Definitely would recommend Lakeland- there's a lot of good renters there with the Amazon warehouse, GEICO, and other big corporations like that in the area who pay their employees well enough to afford a decent rent. My parents live there as well and absolutely love it. Polk county taxes are super cheap too, so it's very affordable

  • Investor · Member since 2020 · 18 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Hi everyone! I know this post is a couple years old but if anyone is looking for a Lakeland BP meetup, we are starting one up in January! Message me if you are interested and I'll send you the details.

  • Lakeland · Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Hi,


    I am interested in your meetings!

  • Member since 2023 · 20 posts · 7 votes
    2y

    Anyone concerned about sinkholes? Is sinkhole insurance worth it? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.