Recommendations for Commercial RE Insurance for 6 Unit Property

Recommendations for Commercial RE Insurance for 6 Unit Property

Rental Property Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2017 · 39 posts · 13 votes

Hi BP friends, I just put a 6 unit in Eustis Florida under contract and now need to find insurance for the property. Since it's over 4 units, I'll need to find a commercial policy. Can you recommend anyone in particular that you have worked with in the past?  

Any other insights that are unique to Florida or commercial I should consider would also be appreciated. So far all my investments have been of the 1-4 units variety and in CA, AZ and IN area.  

Thank you.

0Reply
13 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Jackson, MS · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 11 votes
    8y

    Try NREIG.COM.  National Real Estate Insurance Group.  I switched to them a few months back.  Affordable, good coverage and an internet based system you can use to add/drop properties. 

  • Insurance Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 297 posts · 122 votes
    8y

    @Greg Tomita Being inland in Eustis should help keep your rates reasonable compared to the rest of the country. You are on the right track searching for a commercial policy since the property is larger than a 4 unit. 

  • Rental Property Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2017 · 39 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    Thank you @Jared Townsend and @Brad Miller I will give them a call.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Jackson, MS · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    You can also look at JB Lloyd and Associates.  They're out of Dallas. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.