Riverview, FL · Member since 2016 · 53 posts · 18 votes
Looking for a RE Mastermind group that meets monthly in the Tampa area. Looking for less of the teacher/student type group (although I'm not opposed to learning) and more of the group think/talk type of group. Any groups out there who wants to add someone?
Realize I'm jumping on this post four years late(last post was six months ago), but I think it would be awesome to set up a mastermind/REI Meetup in Tampa. The ones mentioned I've been to: New Western does one at The Canopy in St. Pete once a month and one at American Social on Harbour Island. There was also another, Beach REIA that meets once a month at Hooters at John's Pass. These meetups have been good, very large turnout though which makes conversations/building relationships a bit more difficult. I wouldn't mind starting an actual mastermind, something more personal, smaller group where we can get some real in depth discussions going. Let me know if anybody is still interested.
Surveyor · Member since 2021 · 54 posts · 38 votes
4y
Hello, our firm is located in Tampa. Many folks on our team are CRE investors, while our full-time jobs (for now) is helping other investors change Flood Zone designations in Tampa (and elsewhere). We do "Flood Zone Flips." Considering how prevalent flood zones are in our area... thought I would reach out. You might own a flood zone property right now of course, but it is really powerful with acquisitions. Say you are looking at a property in a flood zone, we can review it (free review), and tell you the possibility of changing the flood designation. Doing that would remove any lender requirement to purchase flood, add NOI where the current owners didn't know possible, add property value, and more.
Lender · Tampa, FL · Member since 2018 · 422 posts · 210 votes
4y
Hello all,
There are a few groups around the Tampa area. All seem to have a slightly difference approach or vibe. I host one that meets every month. We've been going for at least a year now and have a decent turnout. Our focus is very casual networking. No sales pitch, no fee. However, this past meeting yesterday we did a short informational session and Q&A on financing and everyone seemed to really like it. There is still no sales pitch and the majority of the meetup is still focused on friendly networking with other investors and professionals in the industry.
Realize I'm jumping on this post four years late(last post was six months ago), but I think it would be awesome to set up a mastermind/REI Meetup in Tampa. The ones mentioned I've been to: New Western does one at The Canopy in St. Pete once a month and one at American Social on Harbour Island. There was also another, Beach REIA that meets once a month at Hooters at John's Pass. These meetups have been good, very large turnout though which makes conversations/building relationships a bit more difficult. I wouldn't mind starting an actual mastermind, something more personal, smaller group where we can get some real in depth discussions going. Let me know if anybody is still interested.
Do you have any info for these groups so others reading the thread would have an idea as well as myself where to look them up for the information. I think a solid mastermind of more learning smaller group would be nice in the area.
Hello, our firm is located in Tampa. Many folks on our team are CRE investors, while our full-time jobs (for now) is helping other investors change Flood Zone designations in Tampa (and elsewhere). We do "Flood Zone Flips." Considering how prevalent flood zones are in our area... thought I would reach out. You might own a flood zone property right now of course, but it is really powerful with acquisitions. Say you are looking at a property in a flood zone, we can review it (free review), and tell you the possibility of changing the flood designation. Doing that would remove any lender requirement to purchase flood, add NOI where the current owners didn't know possible, add property value, and more.
Surveyor · Member since 2021 · 54 posts · 38 votes
3y
@Quinton Oake Here is an article about that https://www.tampabay.com/news/... Looks like only residents with Citizens Insurance will be mandated. Citizens is a quazi-governmental agency that provides property insurance in Florida... was established by the Florida legislature. Here is more about Citizens: https://www.citizensfla.com/wh...