Section 8 / Low Income Housing in Jacksonville Florida

Section 8 / Low Income Housing in Jacksonville Florida

Member since 2019 · 1 post · 1 vote

Hello everyone. I am looking for information on the Section 8 / low income market in Jacksonville, Florida as the title suggests. I am seeking rental properties that will return a high cash flow. I already understand these will be more of hands on properties and much more work than higher value properties. 

Appreciate any information.

1Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 128 posts · 166 votes
5y

@Carolyn Morales could you please also message me? I’ve just acquired a property I’m considering getting Sec8 qualification for. Thanks!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 504 posts · 217 votes
    5y

    @Neal Matthew's

    I dont think we are permitted to send web links in public forums, but I can message you some information, if you like.

  • Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 128 posts · 166 votes
    5y

    @Carolyn Morales could you please also message me? I’ve just acquired a property I’m considering getting Sec8 qualification for. Thanks!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2018 · 56 posts · 38 votes
    5y

    Feel free to shoot me a message! I work on houses here in the troubled parts every day of the week and can shoot you the areas you want to look at and ones you don't. I'm thinking of getting more into section 8 investing as well and handle the construction myself. 

    Are you investing out of state?

  • Rental Property Investor · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2018 · 228 posts · 279 votes
    5y

    @Neal Matthews, I'm not in the area you're in but I only do Section 8 in my market and I love it.  I've found that if you provide a good quality unit, you can attract great tenants (screen meticulously) and they're not any more work than market tenants (possibly even less because I'm not chasing rent and my tenants are easy to work with).

  • Contractor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Austin M Margarida I'd be interested in getting your take on locations. I'm looking to start investing in Jacksonville. I grew up in Florida and I've got family in Jacksonville, I'll be there in late December.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.