Lake/McHenry County Investment Q&A and Discussion

Lake/McHenry County Investment Q&A and Discussion

Real Estate Professional · Dublin, OH · Member since 2013 · 251 posts · 165 votes

Wanted to start a discuss for all the investors in Lake or McHenry Counties since there isn't an area specifically for that.  Interested to hear of issues and concerns in a more targeted/local way.  

I can say I recently came across a concern with a house I have in McCullum Lake area.  Since I originally started with HomeVestors the "We Buy Ugly Houses" guys in Cleveland in 2012, and just expanded to Chicago area last year I was unfamiliar with the class action lawsuit against that chemical plant and the people who developed (allegedly) brain cancer in that area.

Anyone have any more info on this or done a deal in that area?  Would be interested to see how a flip went.  Market timing is a little high but I would have a concern there, but after hearing about the lawsuit I'm emotionally less interested in the project I have.

Lets discuss more local Lake/ McHenry County issues!

3Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Woodstock, IL · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 3 votes
9y

Hiya, I'm pretty new to both the area and biggerpockets. Working to reno a 3/2/2 SFH,and have a 1/1 condo rented, both in McHenry County. Also a 2/2/2 rented in FL. Hope to see more activity in this thread!

Ron

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Round Lake, IL · Member since 2013 · 43 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    I am happy to see that someone is addressing this area. Thank you

  • Woodstock, IL · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Hiya, I'm pretty new to both the area and biggerpockets. Working to reno a 3/2/2 SFH,and have a 1/1 condo rented, both in McHenry County. Also a 2/2/2 rented in FL. Hope to see more activity in this thread!

    Ron

  • John PrinzPro Member
    Real Estate Investor · Libertyville, IL · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    i'm interested in this area too.  let me know if there are any ideas out there

  • Investor · Antioch, IL · Member since 2017 · 20 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    I'm new to the area but I currently have a 1/1 rented and am rehabbing a 2/1 SFH for a future rental. I'm focused on Antioch as that's where I live.

  • Real Estate Professional · Dublin, OH · Member since 2013 · 251 posts · 165 votes
    9y
    Hey Steve, looking for another? I'm about to have a 3/2 in Antioch.
  • Investor · Antioch, IL · Member since 2017 · 20 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Jeffrey, 

    I'm leaning more towards multi-family at this point but I'm always open to a great deal.      

  • Investor · Crystal Lake, IL · Member since 2014 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    I have a 3/2 that I rent out for 1250 per mo.  Currently has my original tenant and they want to stay, I am looking to sell, let me know if there is any interest.  looking for 130k sale

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 34 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    Hi Everyone!  I have a potential deal in Grayslake, have the initial OK- on private money but this will be my first deal and I was wondering if anyone could double check my numbers/sanity check? Looking for someone more familiar with that area as up until now I have been focusing mostly downtown. 

  • Rich WilkenPro Member
    Investor · Antioch, IL · Member since 2017 · 41 posts · 12 votes
    8y

    I can help you out. Let me know what you've got.

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 34 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    Hi again -  does anyone have experience sub-metering multifamily properties in Lake County? There's a number of properties in the area I've looked at online but I notice a lot of them aren't split utilities. I've heard rumors about third party companies that come out and sub-meter water. What are the options for water/gas/electricity? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.