Need help finding a real estate CPA around Lafayette LA area

Need help finding a real estate CPA around Lafayette LA area

Member since 2020 · 21 posts · 4 votes

I am new to investing. I have been looking for  a rei CPA locally, who are experienced and good at advising on how to invest to get the best tax benefits. Any recommendations?  Thanks a bunch!!!😊😊

0Reply
37 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Lafayette, LA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 4 votes
5y

@Maggie Baesler Hello Maggie...I am in Lafayette and use Damian Spiess

He may be able to help!

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Lafayette, LA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    @Maggie Baesler Hello Maggie...I am in Lafayette and use Damian Spiess

    He may be able to help!

  • Bill HamptonBusiness Member
    Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 977 votes
    5y

    Maggie, 

    Are you open to working with your accountant remotely? I recommend finding an accountant who specializes in real estate taxation over one that is local. You may want to consider working with your accountant remotely to expand your options.

    I would also recommend looking for a tax strategist who is willing to work with you throughout the year, not just when preparing your tax return. You want an accountant that can help you strategize and who is responsive when you want to know the tax consequences of the decisions you are making throughout the year.

    Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

    Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
  • Member since 2020 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    @Bill Hampton

    Thanks very much for reaching out! ! I am just starting rei and feeling like knowing so little about everything. But I read about many investors prefer local CPAs because local CPAs would know better about state laws. What is your thoughts on that?

  • Member since 2020 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    @Nick Hundley

    Thank you very much for the recommendation! I sure will check him out! Are you an investor too? Has the CPA been able to help you plan your investments well and get the most tax benefits? By the way, what kind of properties do you invest?😊

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Lafayette, LA · Member since 2020 · 15 posts · 16 votes
    5y

    @Maggie Baesler

    Hello Maggie,

    Our firm specializes in REI and works with our clients remotely. I am located near the Lafayette area and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you.

    Let me know if I can assist you!

    —Jayde Landry

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Lafayette, LA · Member since 2020 · 15 posts · 16 votes
    5y

    @Nick Hundley

    Hello Nick,

    I am in the Lafayette area and recognized your last name. Are you related to Steven Hundley?

    Kind Regards,

    Jayde Landry

  • Real Estate Agent · Lafayette, LA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    @Jayde Landry Hello Jayde...yes Stephen is my brother. How do you know him?

  • Real Estate Agent · Lafayette, LA · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    @Maggie Baesler

    Yes. I work full time as a realtor and I have rental property...singe family properties.

    Damian also has rental properties so he has recommended different things regarding that. I’m not sure which tax benefits you are referring to but I tell him my goal is to pay the least amount of taxes...

    🤷🏼‍♂️

  • Member since 2020 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    @Jayde Landry

    Sure! Where is your firm? What’s your firm called? Thanks!!!

  • Member since 2020 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    @Nick Hundley

    That’s awesome! I really appreciate the recommendations! I sure will give him a call! 👍

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Lafayette, LA · Member since 2020 · 15 posts · 16 votes
    5y

    We are —The Optimal Financial Group. 1 (832) 510-5883 if you’d like to chat this week.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Lafayette, LA · Member since 2020 · 15 posts · 16 votes
    5y

    @Nick Hundley

    I work very closely with Cheryl Boullion, a KW realtor in the area. Steven was her mentor and they work together at his location.

  • Lafayette, LA · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hey Maggie, I use Ben Baudoin over at Darnall Sikes. Great guy and very educated on REI.

  • Rental Property Investor · Opelousas, LA · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    @Jayde Landry. What is the name of your firm?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.