Gaithersburg, MD Meeting?

Gaithersburg, MD Meeting?

Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes

All,

I'm looking for a group that wants to meet up in the Gaithersburg, MD area (southern Germantown and northern Rockville ok). I am aware of other meet-ups over by BWI, in Baltimore, etc but the closest one I can find is over an hour away (with no traffic). Typically my weekends are spent with family and weekday travel in the evening outside of the area is brutal. I'm looking for something 10 minutes or so from the house where I can meet up with other investors for an hour or two in the evening.

I'm not looking for anything formal. In fact, quite the opposite. Casual attire of course. Jeans, T-shirt, Hat, whatever. I'm looking for a small group that can meet somewhere once a month or so (maybe at a restaurant/bar over a beer and food?). In fact, I don't want to do anything other than set the date/place each time we go out for the next meetup. No agenda or anything, just a group of real estate investors who can get together and talk about investing and learn from each other.

Any interest? Or maybe this already exists and I just don't know about it?

3Reply
462 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2019 · 81 posts · 25 votes
6y

This group still active.  I feel like I am late to the party...lol

See this reply in the discussion

130 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Germantown, MD · Member since 2014 · 33 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    when are the meetings 

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    10y

    The monthly Giathersburg Meetup is fast approaching. Remember to RSVP on Meetup.com. Hope to see some new faces out there.

    http://www.meetup.com/Gaithersburg-BP-Real-Estate-Meetup/events/228114016/

  • Real Estate Investor · Germantown, MD · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    I am interested in the group, not sure if it was ever formed but I would be interested. I am in Gaithersburg.

  • Financial services executive · Frederick, MD · Member since 2015 · 609 posts · 341 votes
    10y

    @Russell Brazil Can you please message me a location for the meeting? I can't get it to display on the meetup site.

    Thanks! Hope to see you tonight.

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    10y

    Just a reminder for everyone, our monthly meetup is fast approaching. If you are not out of town for the holiday, be sure to join us.

    http://www.meetup.com/Gaithersburg-BP-Real-Estate-Meetup/events/232067047/

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Hey everyone,

    I have sent my request to join through the MeetUp and am still waiting to be accepted. I figured if I started following this forum as well, I would be able to attend the next meeting in August. I am brand new to REI, and am looking for some mentors who are willing to help me start my journey towards financial freedom. Feel free to check out my BP profile, I have listed my current goals there.

    Hope to see you all soon.  

    Cheers!

  • Germantown, MD · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    @Justin B. Hi Justin! I was told that you are the person I need to speak with in regards to the meetups in the Gaithersburg area? Would love to attend. I have sent you a member request on meetup, please accept it so I can join you guys on the next REI meetup :)

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    10y

    Meetup is tonight, come on out.

    https://www.meetup.com/Gaithersburg-BP-Real-Estate-Meetup/events/233099244/

  • Investor · New York City · Member since 2016 · 46 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    New to BP and will join you guys for the next meetup : )

  • Washington, DC · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 9 votes
    9y

    Hi All,

    I'm new in the investing game and have seen a lot of positive posts about your meetups. I put in a request to join the meetup group as I'm hoping to attend the next meeting and make some new connections!

  • Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 44 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    Where does the Gaithersburg meetup occur?  I'm looking to attend the April 4th meeting.  Are there any other meetups you'd recommend in the area (Rockville/Germantown corridor)?

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    9y

    All the information is on the meetup.com site for each month's meeting.

  • Rental Property Investor · Thousand Oaks, CA · Member since 2017 · 147 posts · 48 votes
    9y
    Definitely interested in this! Just attended my first meetup with Michael Paris tonight. Please send the location to my email thx! JV
  • Rental Property Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Justin B.

    I would love to join your group. An informal group to network and share ideas in the area is perfect.

    I am in the Whites ferry area. Have you picked a location?

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    8y
  • Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2017 · 27 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Hi I am a newbie who just moved from Saint Louis to Gaithersburg and would like to educate/invest around DC/MD/VA area. Can i also join this meetup if it is still happening? Thank you!

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    7y

    Sure, the link to join is above.

  • Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2017 · 27 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Hi, Justin I requested to join two weeks back but for some reason my request was declined. I just re-requested to join again.

    Thanks,

    Prakash

  • Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2017 · 27 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Hey Guys is this event happening tomorrow? If it is, can i join the meetup? I would really appreciate if somebody could provide the details about the event here so that i can join. I tried signing up in the meet up event but looks like its a private group and I think the admin needs to add me to the group for me to be able to see the event details.

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Prakash B.:

    Hey Guys is this event happening tomorrow? If it is, can i join the meetup? I would really appreciate if somebody could provide the details about the event here so that i can join. I tried signing up in the meet up event but looks like its a private group and I think the admin needs to add me to the group for me to be able to see the event details.

     8pm Norbeck Country Club, tomorrow night...just show up

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    7y

    I run through and approve folks about once a week.  Just sign up and I'll approve you.

  • Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2017 · 27 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Hi guys I am at the meeting place now but looks like there is some tower meeting going on.  They said this meeting was supposed to end an hour ago but apparently its going to be last for another 2 hours.

  • Member since 2019 · 81 posts · 25 votes
    6y

    This group still active.  I feel like I am late to the party...lol

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Andrew Einsmann:

    This group still active.  I feel like I am late to the party...lol

     Yes it is. Mostly meets first Tuesday of the month at 8pm at the Norbeck Country Club

  • Washington, DC · Member since 2017 · 54 posts · 25 votes
    6y

    Hi @Russell Brazil ...do you have to register for the upcoming network event at the country club or do we just show up?

    Any way to confirm that this meeting is still taking place next week? Thanks

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.