Gaithersburg, MD Meeting?

Gaithersburg, MD Meeting?

Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 660 posts · 441 votes

All,

I'm looking for a group that wants to meet up in the Gaithersburg, MD area (southern Germantown and northern Rockville ok). I am aware of other meet-ups over by BWI, in Baltimore, etc but the closest one I can find is over an hour away (with no traffic). Typically my weekends are spent with family and weekday travel in the evening outside of the area is brutal. I'm looking for something 10 minutes or so from the house where I can meet up with other investors for an hour or two in the evening.

I'm not looking for anything formal. In fact, quite the opposite. Casual attire of course. Jeans, T-shirt, Hat, whatever. I'm looking for a small group that can meet somewhere once a month or so (maybe at a restaurant/bar over a beer and food?). In fact, I don't want to do anything other than set the date/place each time we go out for the next meetup. No agenda or anything, just a group of real estate investors who can get together and talk about investing and learn from each other.

Any interest? Or maybe this already exists and I just don't know about it?

3Reply
470 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2019 · 81 posts · 25 votes
6y

This group still active.  I feel like I am late to the party...lol

See this reply in the discussion

130 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 0 votes
    10y
    Hi just read this post. I would like to join a meetup in Gaithersburg/Rockville. I will send you a contact request. Thanks
  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 660 posts · 441 votes
    10y

    @Malik Awan I haven't received a message yet but shoot me your e-mail and I'll get you added to the list.

  • Germantown, MD · Member since 2013 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Hi Justin,

    I and new and live in Germantown. Please add me to the next meeting. I sent you a PM with my contact info.

    Musu

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 660 posts · 441 votes
    10y

    @Musu Stewart I didn't receive a PM.  I'll get you added as soon as I get it.

  • Germantown, MD · Member since 2014 · 33 posts · 11 votes
    10y
    I am interested I am a new investor
  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 660 posts · 441 votes
    10y

    Excellent.  IM me your e-mail and I'll get you added to the list.

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 660 posts · 441 votes
    10y

    We are now utilizing Meetup.com for our meeting.  Please visit the meetup page to join the group.  Once you join, you will see all the information and communication needed to participate.

    http://www.meetup.com/Gaithersburg-BP-Real-Estate-Meetup

  • Realtor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2014 · 24 posts · 1 vote
    10y
    Originally posted by @Justin B.:

    @Marc M. Yea, I'm just waiting until the holidays pass.  Lots going on plus the family (including me) all got sick so look for something next week.  I've got your e-mail. and I'll post here too.

    Hey Justin, are you still holding this REIA? I live in Gaithersburg.

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 660 posts · 441 votes
    10y

    @Christine NievaYes, we are.  We actually moved it to Meetup.com for tracking, RSVP's, etc.  The link is:

    http://www.meetup.com/Gaithersburg-BP-Real-Estate-Meetup

    @Christine Nieva

  • Realtor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2014 · 24 posts · 1 vote
    10y
    Originally posted by @Justin B.:

    @Christine NievaYes, we are.  We actually moved it to Meetup.com for tracking, RSVP's, etc.  The link is:

    http://www.meetup.com/Gaithersburg-BP-Real-Estate-Meetup

    @Christine Nieva

     Fantastic, thanks Justin! Looking forward to the next meet up in January 2016! 

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Hi Justin,  

    Thanks for organizing the meetings.  I'm a new landlord and would like to learn from like minded professionals and investors in the Rockville-Clarksburg area.  I've emailed you to add me to your meeting list. 

    Thanks, 

    Peter C 

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 660 posts · 441 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Peter Chen:

    Hi Justin,  

    Thanks for organizing the meetings.  I'm a new landlord and would like to learn from like minded professionals and investors in the Rockville-Clarksburg area.  I've emailed you to add me to your meeting list. 

    Thanks, 

    Peter C 

    Peter,  Check the very first post on this thread.  It contains the link to the meetup site where you can join.  I think I saw you already do so, but just wanted to make sure you got it.  Welcome!

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    I'll be there at the next one.  Thanks for letting me know about this. 

  • Contractor · Rockville, MD · Member since 2014 · 423 posts · 135 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Dennys Passeto:

    I'll be there at the next one.  Thanks for letting me know about this. 

     Same Dennys that sold a TTR to my buddy Rajan?

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    @Marc M. YES!  What a small world.  Have we met?  Another moto guy that also invests in real estate -- Now we're talking!  :-)  PM me or email me directly

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    10y

    Our monthly meeting is coming up on Tuesday. Just want to get this bumped up in the forums in case you are not on the email list for it.  Always a great time to learn and network.

    http://www.meetup.com/Gaithersburg-BP-Real-Estate-Meetup/events/228114013/

  • Real Estate Agent · Bethesda, MD · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    This month's meeting was excellent, and congratulations are in order for those that are getting things done.  Surprising report of new units under contract, for the group.

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 660 posts · 441 votes
    10y

    Yea, I think I counted almost 20 units under contract between several people (most of them first time buyers).  It was pretty awesome to hear.

  • Silver Spring, MD · Member since 2014 · 23 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Between Andrew and myself we accounted for 14, and there were several others who had things under contract as well.  

    Thank you for putting on a really excellent meet up, I look forward to them every month.

    N!

  • Accountant · Ocean pines, MD · Member since 2013 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Wow! Things have changed a lot with that 10 person meetup.  Can I still come to the meetings. I know it's been MONTHS! But I'm still interested in learning.

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 660 posts · 441 votes
    10y

    Absolutely, just join the meetup and you'll get all the info.

  • Germantown, MD · Member since 2014 · 33 posts · 11 votes
    10y
    I am interested in the local meet up I am located in Germantown Maryland
  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Malik Cole:

    I am interested in the local meet up I am located in Germantown Maryland

     Malin we meet the first Tuesday of the month. Here is a link to the group on Meetup.com

    http://www.meetup.com/Gaithersburg-BP-Real-Estate-Meetup/

  • Hyattsville, MD · Member since 2016 · 79 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    I can definitely be there the 1st Tues of the month. 

  • Frederick, MD · Member since 2015 · 654 posts · 256 votes
    10y

    @Malik Cole - feel free to join us just up the road...

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/275896-frederick-maryland-networking-event

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.