Gaithersburg, MD Meeting?

Gaithersburg, MD Meeting?

Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes

All,

I'm looking for a group that wants to meet up in the Gaithersburg, MD area (southern Germantown and northern Rockville ok). I am aware of other meet-ups over by BWI, in Baltimore, etc but the closest one I can find is over an hour away (with no traffic). Typically my weekends are spent with family and weekday travel in the evening outside of the area is brutal. I'm looking for something 10 minutes or so from the house where I can meet up with other investors for an hour or two in the evening.

I'm not looking for anything formal. In fact, quite the opposite. Casual attire of course. Jeans, T-shirt, Hat, whatever. I'm looking for a small group that can meet somewhere once a month or so (maybe at a restaurant/bar over a beer and food?). In fact, I don't want to do anything other than set the date/place each time we go out for the next meetup. No agenda or anything, just a group of real estate investors who can get together and talk about investing and learn from each other.

Any interest? Or maybe this already exists and I just don't know about it?

3Reply
452 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2019 · 81 posts · 25 votes
6y

This group still active.  I feel like I am late to the party...lol

See this reply in the discussion

130 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Accountant · Ocean pines, MD · Member since 2013 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    11y
    Originally posted by @Justin B.:

    Just bumping this up to see if there is any interest.

     I just found this and I'm interested in having a MoCo meeting. 

  • Realtor · Derwood, MD · Member since 2015 · 38 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    I just joined BP and just found this. I too am interested in having a MoCo meeting.

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    11y

    Shoot me your e-mail in a message @Paolo Nascimbeni

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    11y

    Just as a reminder.  The meeting is set for Tuesday, May 12th.  You should have received an e-mail from me with the detailed information.  If you did not and are interested in coming, please message me your e-mail and I'll add you to the list and send over the details.

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    11y

    The e-mail has gone out for the meeting next week.  If you didn't receive it, please send me your e-mail.  If you have and didn't get it, check your junk e-mail, otherwise, let me know.

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    11y

    E-mail just went out asking for RSVP's to July's meeting.  It's 8pm on Tuesday, July 7th.  If you didn't get the e-mail and want to be on the list, just send me you're e-mail address and I'll add you.

    See everyone next Tuesday!

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    11y

    I was finally able to attend this meeting, (Springtime is my craziest time of the year) and Ive got to say what a great time I had.  Got to hear from a lot of great people on how they are investing and even came away with a few good ideas on how to improve my own investing strategies.

    I found this much more interesting than a typical REIA where you sit and listen to a presentation. I really enjoyed the chance to discuss topics and learn from everyone there.

    I look forward to next months meeting. Thanks @Justin B for setting this up.

  • Investor · Vienna, VA · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 6 votes
    11y

    I'm certainly interested! Living and working in Tysons Corner.

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Nick Edwards:

    I'm certainly interested! Living and working in Tysons Corner.

    Message me and shoot me your e-mail.  Our next meeting is this coming Tuesday, so get me that and I can add you to the list and send you the info.

  • Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Hi, Justin I'm a new investor from Gaithersburg. I would like to attend the meet up. I'll send you my email.

    -Michael S

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    11y

    We're meeting tonight.  Get your e-mail to me quickly and I can get you on the list and send you the details.

  • Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    email address sent via message.

  • Investor · MontgomeryCounty, MD · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    Justin, I'd love to attend the next meeting in September! Please add me to the list! I sent you a note with my email in it. I look forward to meeting you all in a month! 

  • Symone BerryPro Member
    Washington, DC · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Justin,

    First post here on BP I have been listening to the podcast for a few months now and would love to attend the meet ups. I currently live in PG County MD. I am sending you a message now thanks!

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    11y

    Excellent, I'll check and respond.

  • Rockville, MD · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Hi Justin,

    If your group is still going on, I'd like to be added to the list, please.

    Thanks,

    Jacquice

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    11y

    Sure.  Send me your e-mail via message and I'll add you to the list.

  • Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Justin I'll be there on sept 1.

  • Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Hello Justin,

    Just began looking at the local area posts, wanted to know if the group is still meeting and if I could get added?

    Sean

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    11y

    Yep, Message me your e-mail and I'll get you added.

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    11y

    We are a couple weeks away from our monthly BP meetup....I just wanted to bump this thread up to the recent discussions so hopefully some new people see it.  Would be great to get some new additions to our meetup.

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    11y

    The e-mail for October's meeting went out.  If you would like to get that info each month, please let me know your e-mail (just message it to me) and I'll get you added to the list.

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    10y

    All, November would be a great time to come out and meet the group.  We're having a more informal meeting at a local restaurant before we go back to the normal format for December.  There is no cost to attend, just whatever food and beverage you buy.  If you haven't sent me your e-mail, please do so and I'll add you to the email list.

  • Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2014 · 44 posts · 15 votes
    10y

    Hi everyone, I'm in Gaithersburg and would love to join your meetup. Justin, I'll send you a PM with my email address. When is the next one scheduled for? 

    Thanks.

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    10y

    First Tuesday of every month.  I'll respond to your PM.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.