Gaithersburg, MD Meeting?

Gaithersburg, MD Meeting?

Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes

All,

I'm looking for a group that wants to meet up in the Gaithersburg, MD area (southern Germantown and northern Rockville ok). I am aware of other meet-ups over by BWI, in Baltimore, etc but the closest one I can find is over an hour away (with no traffic). Typically my weekends are spent with family and weekday travel in the evening outside of the area is brutal. I'm looking for something 10 minutes or so from the house where I can meet up with other investors for an hour or two in the evening.

I'm not looking for anything formal. In fact, quite the opposite. Casual attire of course. Jeans, T-shirt, Hat, whatever. I'm looking for a small group that can meet somewhere once a month or so (maybe at a restaurant/bar over a beer and food?). In fact, I don't want to do anything other than set the date/place each time we go out for the next meetup. No agenda or anything, just a group of real estate investors who can get together and talk about investing and learn from each other.

Any interest? Or maybe this already exists and I just don't know about it?

3Reply
444 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2019 · 81 posts · 25 votes
6y

This group still active.  I feel like I am late to the party...lol

See this reply in the discussion

130 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    11y

    @John Marshall 

    @Brett McCurdy 

    @CM Williams 

    I still need your e-mails :)

  • Real Estate Broker · Kensington, MD · Member since 2014 · 84 posts · 16 votes
    11y
  • Oakton, VA · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    @Justin B. 

    Please include me;  my email is [email protected]

    Thanks

  • Real Estate Investor · Clarksburg, MD · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    11y
  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    11y

    Thanks guys.  E-mail coming in just a few days with location.  I've got 14 people in all interested which is great.  I figured we'd have 5 and was hoping for 10, so 14 is great.  Again, our target is the first Tuesday of every month at 8pm.  I'll be picking a local restaurant for the first one.  If we get bigger we can always look at different venues, but that's something we can discus when we meet up.  I look forward to meeting everyone!

  • Investor · Rockville, MD · Member since 2013 · 24 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    @Justin B.

    I'd like to be invited.  Email: [email protected]

    Thanks,

    Andrey

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    11y

    The meeting for Feb has been set an details delivered via e-mail.  If you did NOT get an e-mail (I just sent it a few minutes ago), check junk folder, etc or shoot me your e-mail if you've never given it to me and I'll forward over the details.

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    11y

    Less than 12 hours since I sent the e-mail and we've already got 5 of us.  Make sure to subscribe to/follow this thread as I'll update here each month as the e-mail goes out so you can make sure you got it for location info.

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    11y

    Now we're up to 11.  That's excellent.  It's already exceeded my expectations.  See everyone in a week on Feb 3rd :)

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    11y

    I want to personally thank all those who came out last Tuesday.  It was great to meet everyone.  I believe at one point I counted 13 of us.  My initial goal was only 6 or 7 so needless to say it exceeded my expectations for the first meeting.  The next scheduled date is Tuesday, March 3rd.  Location details sent via e-mail when established.

    The restaurant was great for a meet and greet but with other patrons, the TV’s, the restaurant atmosphere, etc…..it’s hard for that many people to all participate in the conversation.It’s all impossible to have any kind of structure or agenda in that setting.  There were many side conversations going on.  That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but I feel like I only got to know real well those sitting directly around me.

    What I’d like to do is find a place we can meet that is a little more quiet.  Even if it costs a few bucks (like $50-$100), it’s something to easily split $5-$10 between those that show up.  Perhaps someone knows of an office building that would rent a room out from 8-11pm on a Tuesday night.  Or maybe another business that’s open 24/7 that has a conference room they don’t use at night, etc.  I haven’t really done much looking yet so if you have any ideas/suggestions or know of a place that would be great, please let me know.

    If we can get a quiet place, I’ll come up with a small agenda so we can have it structured a little more and have true introductions that everyone can participate in.

    If you have not sent me your e-mail and would like the meeting information, that's how we disseminate it.  Just message me if you don't want to post it in the forum itself.

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    11y

    I sent out an e-mail with tonight's meeting info.  If you didn't get it for whatever reason, let me know.  Please check your e-mail :)

  • Silver Spring, MD · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    I just found this thread, and would be interested in coming to meet the group.

     @Justin B. - My email is [email protected], could you please add me to the list?

  • Real Estate Investor · Charles Town, WV · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    if you are still getting this together I am a new investor in the eastern panhandle.  I work in Gaithersburg and would love to attend.

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    11y

    Sure, shoot me your e-mail via message.

    @Anthony Vettese 

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    11y

    All,

    We have a location to meet that I was only able to publish a couple of days before the March meeting as it took that long to find one. I had 10 RSVP but due to the ice, we were only 7 strong. I've included the meeting location in my e-mail.  If you are not receiving that e-mail, then I do not have your e-mail.  Feel free to message it to me if you are interested in the meetup.

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Hi Justin,

    I live in Germantown and I'm really interested in be part of the group. My email is [email protected]

    Thank you

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    11y

    Our next meeting is April 7th at 8pm.  If you didn't receive an e-mail from me around the same time as this post asking for RSVP's, it's either in your junk mail or I don't have your e-mail.

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    11y

    I've got 6 so far and we're a week out.  Trying to get to 10.  If you didn't get a follow up e-mail from me, let me know.

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    11y

    The BP Meeting for April is a GO!  If you didn't receive an e-mail from me, please check your junk folder or send me your e-mail if you haven't already.  See everyone Tuesday night!

  • Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2015 · 32 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Hello! After listening to the BP podcasts, I am finally taking the plunge.  First time post and I live in the Gaithersburg area.  I'd love to stop by future meetups.  Are you all meeting tomorrow?  I think I can make it.  Can you please email me details?

    Thanks!

    Felipe

    [email protected]

  • Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2013 · 90 posts · 43 votes
    11y

    did this ever get off the ground?  i'm out of Columbia but I don't mind driving down to Rockville / Gaithersburg area if its to talk to other investors

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    11y

    David, yes it did.  We're meeting in 30 minutes.  Send me your e-mail and I'll add you to the list for the future.

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    11y

    Just a reminder.  In May it will be the second Tuesday which is May 12th.  Please check your e-mail for more details.  If you wish to receive e-mails on the meetup, please message it to me.

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    11y

    Im looking forward to finally joining this meetup.

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    11y

    Of course not more than a day after I say I am excited to finally attend this, I have a meeting now lined up Tuesday at 7, sigh

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.