Opening a new market for me, Grand Rapids MI

Opening a new market for me, Grand Rapids MI

Investor · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2016 · 676 posts · 543 votes

Hello,

I am originally from Grand Rapids MI, I invest primarily in Tennessee and Metro Detroit but I often find myself back in Grand Rapids, Hudsonville, Jenison etc.  I have been considering expanding my investing footprint back to my old home area.  I will be in town this weekend and Monday and I am interested in making some new connections in local real estate.  Not sure Ill have time to meet up with anyone this trip but I am in the area 5-6 times a year.  I invest in many different property classes,  I currently own or partner on single families, duplexes, a few apartment buildings (12, 19, and 32 units) and am under contract to buy a 12K sq Ft office building, and a 30K sq Ft strip mall.  

I am particularly interested in forming banking and broker relationships but love talking real estate so I am happy to meet just about anyone in the BIz. 

1Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Hudsonville, MI · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 2 votes
8y

Hi Jeffrey and Dan,

My wife and I currently live in Hudsonville and are a young couple that are looking to get into bigger multi-units in this area. Currently we have managed to obtain a 4 unit and 3 SFH and are looking to possibly do a 1031 exchange into a bigger multi unit or possibly use HELOC $ to work a bigger multi-unit complex deal. Any chance that I could join you two gentlemen in this meet up and be a fly on the wall? I am eager to learn as much as I can about multi-unit complexes, especially around my hometown area of Hudsonville, Jenison, Allendale, and Zeeland. Also Jeffrey, I like the idea of commercial property, as my wife is talking about opening up her own practice and will need office space. So we are also in the market for a multi unit office space as well.

Thanks,

David

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2018 · 77 posts · 33 votes
    8y

    I would love to chat. Just can not this week! 

  • Investor · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2016 · 676 posts · 543 votes
    8y
    Next time then

    Originally posted by @Dan Farkas:

    I would love to chat. Just can not this week! 

  • Real Estate Broker · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2018 · 77 posts · 33 votes
    8y

    Sure thing Jeff! I would love to hear how business is in TN. 

  • Investor · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2016 · 676 posts · 543 votes
    8y

    Short version is like everywhere prices are rising but there is real growth and there are still many opportunities.

  • Investor · Hudsonville, MI · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Hi Jeffrey and Dan,

    My wife and I currently live in Hudsonville and are a young couple that are looking to get into bigger multi-units in this area. Currently we have managed to obtain a 4 unit and 3 SFH and are looking to possibly do a 1031 exchange into a bigger multi unit or possibly use HELOC $ to work a bigger multi-unit complex deal. Any chance that I could join you two gentlemen in this meet up and be a fly on the wall? I am eager to learn as much as I can about multi-unit complexes, especially around my hometown area of Hudsonville, Jenison, Allendale, and Zeeland. Also Jeffrey, I like the idea of commercial property, as my wife is talking about opening up her own practice and will need office space. So we are also in the market for a multi unit office space as well.

    Thanks,

    David

  • Investor · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2016 · 676 posts · 543 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @David Bringer:

    Hi Jeffrey and Dan,

    My wife and I currently live in Hudsonville and are a young couple that are looking to get into bigger multi-units in this area. Currently we have managed to obtain a 4 unit and 3 SFH and are looking to possibly do a 1031 exchange into a bigger multi unit or possibly use HELOC $ to work a bigger multi-unit complex deal. Any chance that I could join you two gentlemen in this meet up and be a fly on the wall? I am eager to learn as much as I can about multi-unit complexes, especially around my hometown area of Hudsonville, Jenison, Allendale, and Zeeland. Also Jeffrey, I like the idea of commercial property, as my wife is talking about opening up her own practice and will need office space. So we are also in the market for a multi unit office space as well.

    Thanks,

    David

     I am in Hudsonville now.  I don't know that I'll have time to meet this weekend and Dan and I haven't planned a meeting as of yet.  All that being said I love talking about real estate and am in Hudsonville 4-5 times a year so hopefully we can chat sometime.  

  • Real Estate Professional · Rockford, MI · Member since 2015 · 301 posts · 138 votes
    8y

    @Jeffrey Holst Thanks for posting and connecting.  It sounds like you are an experienced investor and well on your way.  I am happy to assist in the Grand Rapids market if needed. 

  • Paul LeasonPro Member
    Realtor · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2012 · 172 posts · 70 votes
    8y

    Hi Jeff!  Sounds like you have a diversified portfolio. Happy to chat via phone or face to face at your convenience.  Realtor and Investor myself and have some good connection in the MF world here in GR, striving to find some off market deals. 

  • Investor · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2016 · 676 posts · 543 votes
    8y

    @Paul Leason Id like to do that.  Feel free to message me via BP or give me a call.  

    Thanks to every one for the welcomes

  • Nurse, Investor · Hudsonville, MI · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Would love to meet up with any or all of you guys! I am a little on the smaller side with one flip and a duplex, but am looking to getting into more deals. Do any of you guys know of a bigger pockets group in the area to connect with that they always talk about on the podcasts? Looking to find private/hard money for some more deals.

  • Investor · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2016 · 676 posts · 543 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Mitchell Van Overloop:

    Would love to meet up with any or all of you guys! I am a little on the smaller side with one flip and a duplex, but am looking to getting into more deals. Do any of you guys know of a bigger pockets group in the area to connect with that they always talk about on the podcasts? Looking to find private/hard money for some more deals.

    I'm in Hudsonville 4 or 5 times a year.  Id be happy to meet up sometime.  

  • Nurse, Investor · Hudsonville, MI · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Awesome sounds good! Give me a shout next time you're back in the area.

  • Investor · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2016 · 676 posts · 543 votes
    8y

    @Mitchell Van Overloop Ill do my best to remember

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.